VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Suicide Scars?

Rate this question

BlastDaddy

Question

A few years ago my PTSD was so intense I attempted suicide twice. First by drug overdose and then two months later by slicing my wrists. "Stupid on my part"!

My two questions are;

1. Has anyone ever heard of a way to have the scars corrected so they don't look so bad?

2. Since I did slice my wrist during a PTSD panic attack would they be eligible for compensation secondary to a service connected condition?

Would really be interested in a way to correct the scars if anyone knows of a way.

I wish I could not worry about what others think of me.Its terrible.It rents so much space in my damn head about what others think about me.My wife always says,the hell what others think about you,worry about yourself.Maybe it's a self esteem issue or self confidence,I don't know.All I know is that I am not a hot bed of mental health,and I need to work on myself everyday,as its a life long process for me.

Take it easy bro, you're not alone. What others think doesn't matter. Find you a good counselor or therapist you trust. We all hit rough patches, I'm in another one and my birthday is on Sunday. They come and go in cycles...you know what helps me is some of those spiritual teachers like Eckhart Tolle and Mooji. Run a google or check out some YouTube videos, they help. Take care

bionoce,

If you find information on the connection of scars being service related please continue the post. I did ask the question at the beginning of the post but have been more about hiding them or getting them corrected. So far I've been unsuccessful. Everyone I have talked to has said the scar tissue is too deep and would cause additional problems with the functioning of my wrist.

Definitely will do. I don't know how you feel about tattoos, but some cool ink is an option. I ended up getting sleeved out down to the wrist. But like Philip was saying, acceptance is key for the past...be well.