Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Are C&ps Done By Pysician Assistant?

Rate this question

les

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I ask this because I had one for my c&ps And they we both bad results. I am 80% and never had a bad c&p.

The C&P can be done by almost anyone who supposedly completed the VA's C&P Examiner "training".

An RN or above seems to be the norm, with an actual Doctor at the tip.

A remand C&P or a C&P in a contested case may actually be done by a doctor in an appropriate specialty.

The last C&P I had that sort of fell into this area was done by a Doctor that looked like he should have retired twenty years ago,

had not reviewed SMR's or medical records at the same VAMC as the C&P, and was unhappy about having to to the C&P in the first place.

He obviously had little familiarity with the computerized C&P information fill in process as well. The whole thing was so off the wall

that I later discussed the C&P with the VAMCs senior examiner and examiner trainer. I don't know if that had any effect. There later was

a more favorable determination on another area of the claim than I expected, so maybe some good resulted.

air1,

They can use it but the strength of your IMO will be the determining factor as to which opinion carries the most weight. Preferably, you want an IMO prepared by a doctor who specializes in diagnosing and treating the conditions you are claiming and the doctor has reviewed all of your relevant medical records (military, VA and/or civilian), shows a nexus between your military service and your claimed conditions, and renders an opinion that your conditions were "at least as likely as not"'caused by your military service or are secondary to an existing service connected condition and supports his opinion with reasonable medical rationale.

Note: You must have a diagnosis by a VA doctor for a PTSD claim.

I don't have VA diagnosis,except depression but she said less likely,NOD that decision and IMO look and my files and stated that I was more than less likely than not ,he also stated that the VA doc had misdiagnose me because she gave the the wrong code for my diagnosis.

I dont quite understand what you meant here

"stated that I was more than less likely than not"

The best statement is "as least as likely as not" or "more than likely" with a full medical rationale.

but this could be crucial:

"he also stated that the VA doc had misdiagnose me because she gave the the wrong code for my diagnosis."

Was the IMO doctor's diagnosis depression?

Did he/she refer to your SMRs in the IMO?

Did the VA get the IMO with or prior to the NOD?

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

My IMO was given to the VA in April of 2014,my DRO was October 2014.The VA examine was 20 minutes and she diagnose me as depression no, but my IMO stated that she use the wrong code,the code she used 9434 was for major depressive disorder and the IMO diagnose me as PTSD and Depression.My IMO stated that my fear of police and nightmares was related to my assault in the military and it was more than least as likely than not. He stated that he felt a rating equal to at least 50% if not more.he stated also that he would call me unemployable. Axis I PTSD-MAJOR DEPRESSIVE AXIS IV PROBLEM SOCIAL ENVIRONMENT.HEALTH ISSUE GAF 50 SEVERE IMPAIRMENT CURRENT AND PAST YEAR.

I dont quite understand what you meant here

"stated that I was more than less likely than not"

The best statement is "as least as likely as not" or "more than likely" with a full medical rationale.

but this could be crucial:

"he also stated that the VA doc had misdiagnose me because she gave the the wrong code for my diagnosis."

Was the IMO doctor's diagnosis depression?

Did he/she refer to your SMRs in the IMO?

Did the VA get the IMO with or prior to the NOD?

Sorry,my reply in the next post.