Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally 100% With P&t

Rate this topic

T-M

Guys,

I checked my ebenefits two days ago and found out I finally got 100% with P&T. I've been 90% since I separated in 2007 and was denied for several things amongst one of them PTSD. I appealed twice, but nothing! I was overseas at the time and didn't really know how things worked. Fast forward to 2013, I got back from being overseas and reopened my PTSD case in June 2013 and had been waiting for a rating up until two days ago. I'm very happy that after nearly 8 years I was finally rated for something I should have been rated for right after I separated. The retro only goes back to 2013, which I find suspect....I thought it would go back to when I originally claimed. Aside from the retro misconception, I just can't stop smiling because you'll know how stressful it can be having to deal with the VA throughout this process.

I also want to thank hadit.com and its members for the wealth of knowledge shared on here. Because of this site and a few others, I've been able to help multiple veterans achieve favorable ratings on their claims, which in turn make me very happy to know these veterans got what they deserved.

Like I tell all my vet friends, never give up and keep on fighting until you get what you deserve!

Have a bless day!

Congrats and welcome to 100% club!!! Please ensure you take advantage of all of your benefits being 100% P&T. If you're 100% P&T Schedular then you are still able to work. If you are 100% P&T TDIU(YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO WORK). Additionally your PTSD might stipulate that you can't work.

1. Tax exemption on your primary residence(some States will retro pay back up to 3 yrs)

2. College tuituion paid for your dependents

3. Free entry to most State Parks

4. File and more than likely start receiving your Social Security Benefits

5. PX and Comissionary perks

Jeff, thanks! I'm assuming I got 70% for my pTSD and I still work. (haven't received my package yet) Sometimes I don't want to be here, but I can manage it though, so I'll keep working as I'm 37 and have little ones. I'll be heading to the tax office on Monday to file my tax exemption. :)

T-M: You got that info off your E-Ben site? Very unusual for E-Ben to have anything that current and precise but maybe things have really changed, doubt it though.

As for working and your rating. With IU and SSDI you just can't earn in excess of 1 person Poverty Level income. Currently about $12,400 if under 65, $11,300 if 65+.

College perks for Kids would be great. Your wife will be eligible for CHAMPVA if your T&P. State Property Tax Exemptions can be big $s, file with your City Tax Authority as soon as you have your VA documentation. Need to get the app in during the 1st quarter usually, to get the exemption for the current year.

I lucked out last year, awarded IU T&P 6/27/14 at DRO Hearing. Had DRO Official Award that afternoon and filed for MI Tax Exemption the following Monday. Turns out the Rascally Republican Senate and Governor had extended 14 & 13 filing deadline till 07/30/14. I didn't get the actual VA Big Brown Award Envelope till mid 08/14 and my E-Ben site only shows my claims as closed with Appeals possible. No info regarding my 31/2 yrs at 90SC of 6/14 IU award or RETRO dates. That was as of 2 weeks ago.

Semper Fi

Gastone

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use