Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Allison Hickey Email To The Va Employees

Rate this topic

Closure

63SIERRA Stop!!! lol Haven't you heard the saying don't bite the hand that feeds you? Let's not piss off the very person that IS trying to help us. Do you know what I mean? Come on now - :dry:

if the hands that feed you were starving you by lying, and decieving you for 20 years, you would start biting them too. People get to a point where they dont care anymore abt repercussions. I put my trust in God, not people.

Theres many people on this forum who know most of my story, what I have been thru, and theres many who dont.

Ive been cheated out of ALOT of compensation, Ive been denied ALOT of care, and been told ALOT of lies. AND IT STILL GOES ON ..!!! If nothing else, at least I have the guts to speak up, and call bullshit when it truly is bullshit.

63SIERRA sounds like you have your mind made up... I see you are very passionate in your concerns and clearly there is nothing I can say or do. I understand you, trust me, I do; however, consider this...

It's easy to stay stuck in your story – believing everybody around you is out to get you since you have been wronged in the past - but maybe just maybe - someone comes along to right the wrongs. If you stay stuck in your story and blinded by past injustices, you will never move to the next level.

Surely you want to be next level in your claim or you wouldn't be on this site, right? I'm just saying that I totally agree with you, and how I totally understand where you're coming from; however, having the guts to speak up and calling it bull...shit does nothing to increase movement in your claim. But if you try something new, like nurturing new relationship and building repore with new people maybe, just maybe you will get a different result. Don't stay stuck in the past - because that's just what it is - the past.

Again, I’m on your side – I was just giving you a different perspective that's all.

Edited by Thadine

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I try my best to stay positive and hopeful when I deal with the VA, but it is difficult.

Looking back at previous VA leaders like Shinseki, etc..., they all made promises to make a difference for the better. A few things changed, but most stayed the same.

There is a real disconnect between the people at the top and the people who work directly with us Veterans. This is evident by the chronic failures that affect us frequently and directly. This disconnect is a prime reason why many of us can confidently say that the VA system is a stressor. When someone has been screwed over repeatedly by the VA, it definitely shows.

Answering the phone or replying to emails is one thing, but we should not have to resort to such specific measures in order to get timely attention. This is just a squeaky wheel gets the oil tactic. Because someone calls a VIP, their issue will get attention it needs (good for them), but it pushes them in front of someone else. As more claimants jump on this wagon, it too will start to slow down. This also will likely not change things at BVA or CAVC level because they are probably out of their hands.

The real change needs to occur further down the line. I am not talking about poorly planned options like the choice card with exciting names, but fail to deliver. The VA needs to get rid of employees who are part of the problem and hire the right people to be part of the solution. We should not have to wait for years on appeals because someone screwed up a claim from the start. We should not have to wait a year for a copy of our C-file. We should not have to learn the LPN just injected you with an overdose of medication. We should not have care providers who dont listen and lie on paperwork. Nobody should die or lose their home because the VA screws up. I know there are processes and procedures in place to deal with most of this, but the amount of red tape is staggering. After you spend a few years with the VA, you start to realize what it is.

The THROTTLING of money and care is being induced by the direction of someone in the VA. Someone in a position of authority is passing down instruction, to deny when possible. The fact that the numbers of compensated vets, and percentages of comp, seem to stay static confirms this situation. Our country has been at war for 13 years. Would it not be an expectation that compensation money going out would be on a upward gradiant?

I would certainly think so.

Here is my theory. I believe that someone is keeping a running account of the numbers and when it starts getting high, the reins are getting pulled back. I believe they try to achieve a level of paid compensation this year, that was similar to last year. WHY? It may be an attitude of thinking that "" well if the numbers stay about the same as last year and the year before, the boat wont rock too much.. it will be "acceptable" because its around the same as it was last year and the year before. Nobody bitched last year , so lets try and do it again.

Its almost like buying a car from the motor city built on a Monday or a Friday. If your part of the WHHOOOOAAA .. cycle, you will get robbed, just because your claim was in the wrong place at the wrong time when the throttling was taking place.

And really, the ones doing this, may not even realize it. Many times, a organization can take on its on " entity" . Things happen repeatedly because of general attitudes and unspoken rules and goals. The problems start to compound, when veterans find they were wrongfully denied, and pursue a claim that could remove 20, 30, 50, 500.000 from the "yearly payout goal".

I would bet a dozen crispy kreme donuts that after the VA pays out a whopper, like a 40 year retro, things get a little complicated in the bean count.

How could it not?

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use