VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Allison Hickey Email To The Va Employees

Rate this topic

Closure

Me too Tbird.Get well and take your time to cover.

I just had the Prevac 13, the new pneumonia shot .The one I had 3-4 years ago did not cover these additional 13 strains....

probably there are more strains too that they have not been able to cover.

Your statement about Shinseki's exit statement says it all: "He was duped by people he thought were doing their jobs".

This is not good leadership. A great leader knows how to read people right through those fictious statements. Of course people will lie to you!

One study said the average American lies several times in a given day! A common lie: "How are you?" "IM fine". Most of the time you are not fine, you are worried, upset, hungry, thirsty, have to go to the bathroom, your back hurts, your knees hurt, your wife hurt you etc. Sure, that is a white lie, few of us, when we ask how are you, realy want to hear all your aches and pains, so we say fine.

Im not suggesting Mr. Shinseki call people on the carpet for saying they are fine when they have a backache. Im saying he needs to read what people say, then check if its the truth, when necessary. Its about accountability, and its lacking at VA, and Shinseki did nothing to fix that.

TRUST BUT VERIFY!!!

I like the email from Allison Hickey because movement in the right direction to help Veterans, their families and their Survivors is better than no movement or movement in the wrong direction. I's going to take a long time to get the VA to where it should be when it comes to all the issues with claims and health care. I also agree with the statement " trust but verify!" because I too like so many others Veterans have been told things from the VA that was like smoke and mirrors!

The job is WAY too important to take anybodys word for it. When we were active soldiers, they trusted us to keep our rifles clean and functional, but they also inspected them.

• HadIt.com Elder

I kinda know how my day is going to be when I go to the VAMC, and first go check in, if the clerks are happy and jolly and visited friendly then usually my day at the VA goes Ok (usually) if the employees like their job & is helpful /friendly then it seems to change the attitude adjustment for the better.

Lack of moral and or attitude makes a big difference with the VA Employees

jmo

Edited by Buck52

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use