VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Where Do I Send Reconsideration Request

Rate this question

knap-sack

Question

I have no idea. This ripping my insides out. My county vso is horrible. I am horrified to trust her with this. My one year is up to file nod in May. I have all my new and material evidence ready and the form filled out. Do I send it to varo or to intake center? My evidence is overwhelming in my favor. I believe once seen this should go quickly but I want to send it to the right place since my year is up in May. Help please.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I would send it to both places.

And make sure, if they do not award under the reconsideration request ,as your NOD deadline looms, make sure you file a timely NOD.

One of my claims took 8 years because I filed a reconsideration request. I could have save a year of that time, if I had simply filed the NOD right away.

If the VA had actually read my evidence, I could have saved about 6 years waiting.

Some have been successful here with this type of request.

But if you are dealing with a backlogged RO, they probably wont even read it and decide it favorably within the NOD year,so

be prepared for filing the timely NOD.

Edited by Berta

Knap: As discussed in great detail on HADIT, no such thing as "Official Request for Reconsideration of Denial" at the VARO level. Soooooooooo, take that off your list of things to do. DRO Hearing worked great for me, so I say File your NOD Yesterday on your own requesting a DRO personal Hearing. Then remove your VSO-Rep POA today. If possible go into the VARO and find another VSO to rep you. If you find a knowledgeable with very little help from a VSO-Rep., well seasoned rep, they're great to bounce ideas off of. At the DRO level, you should be able to handle everything on your own

As for the "New & Material Evidence" that your setting on, big mistake waiting to submit it to the VARO. What ever the current VA requirements for getting the EVIDENCE to them, do it now. When in doubt, cover your axx, right. You mail it to your VARO and what ever other location they require so your sure they get it. Send it US Mail Cert Return Recpt Requested.

After that's done, read up on the VA regulation requiring your VARO Rating Dept to review your Denial after Receipt of New & Material Evidence. This review is done by a Senior Rater or actual DRO, not your original rater. This Review Requirement continues all the way up tio your C-File being transferred to the BVA. So don't sit on any N&M Evidence, you could get an Award from the N&M Evidence triggered VARO review.

Semper Fi

Gastone

Actually I think that is a better idea Gastone.

File the N & M with a DRO request and maybe that would be the faster way to go.

The VA had the audacity to even make up a regulation to try to deny my past recon request.

I was suffering from an illusion....that they would actually read my legal evidence.

They sent me correspondence from time to tie that I rebutted but I finally realized they were just trying to piss away my NOD deadline.

I had other reconsideration issues many years ago that went far more smoothly but that VA is not the same is this one is these days.

Ok I see what your saying Gastone, I was only holding it because the orthopedic doctor at va said she would give me nexus on my wrist if she saw the doctor's paperwork when I had the original surgery. But this is the crazy shit that just drives me crazy. The doctor said she was 99% sure my loss of motion in wrist joint is a result of my service connected cliam on hand. My wife was with me when the doctor said this so I been waiting on st Louis to send me record's from the hospital that I bet are sitting at the varo man this just me grind my teeth thinking about waiting on records. I have a bunch of new evidence that I dont want to fall through the beauracrat cracks. Is there a specific form I fill out for nod? Form 9? Thank you all so much this is torture.