VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C-File Claims Folder Is New Process

Rate this question

paulcolrain

Question

a new proceeds heads up. email i got after request,

Privacy Act and Freedom of Information Act Requests are now being handled at a centralized location. I have forwarded your request as well as this address update...

also they will call you and send you a letter asking if you want your records in hard copy paper or on a CD.

to lesten the time frame from now on put your answer to this in your FOIA request.

Forward (not fast) three months - is it true that all C-file FOIA requests are being handled through this center?

I've had a request for a copy of my C-file in at my RO since last September. The last I heard back during the winter via IRIS response was that they couldn't tell me how long it takes to get me a copy of my C-file requested under FOIA and Privacy Acts. Meanwhile, months are slowly slipping by...

• HadIt.com Elder

TiredCoastie

Request your C-File Again from this Address

Department of Veterans Affairs. Records Management Center. P.O. Box 5020 St. Louis Missouri 63115-0020

fax # 314-679-3732 telephone # 1-888-533-4558

your old request is probably setting on some desk in the mail room under a thick stack of papers.

..............Buck