VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Email Backfired

Rate this question

saints13

Question

Short story I was hearing all the success stories of emailing the upper command. Well it did get attention but the wrong attention. They went as far to find one single word on certain evidence that denied the whole claim when the claim was solid as a rock. IMO, etc. For me at least they denied the claim fast instead of years, then I would have had to file a NOD, review, DRO, BVA, for it to be denied etc again.

All I can say is if you use any VA healthcare at all plase check all your notes carefully. Things are added, things are left out, etc to make it ripe for a denial.

I'm very happy for all the success stories, stand behind those that choose to wait it out or what anyone decides to do. I love this website and it has helped me out tremendously but in the end it also pissed off someone really bad. Now I'm stuck, and have to quit as I have no faith in the VA, have no more energy, patience. Someone once told me to pick our battles wisely.

Again thanks to everyone on this site it is remarkable and full of information! My conditions only have worsened during my short time compared to many of you that have tons of years, in fighting the VA.

It is like the lottery to me, some win and mostly all lose. Just please, please pick your battles, insure every VA note is 100% accurate, if not get it fixed asap cause it will lead to a denial for sure. Good luck to all and God Bless everyone.

• HadIt.com Elder

saints,

I understand how you must be feeling I think most of us has had the feeling but never give up keep fighting until you win what you so badly deserve!

We all live and learn with the VA has you know now that dealing with the VA healthcare Docs are not what they say in an exam is always true and like you said they add to things, this can be rebuttal & explanation given , your attorney should have helped you More!

can you post the denial letter so we can see why they denied?

cover your name & private information.

Hadit members can help you, if you have service connected disability's & good medical evidence to back them up then you should be compensated for it buddy!

Take some time off and reconsider your claim....Don't let them win, remember your never a failure if you keep on trying.

................Buck.

Edited by Buck52

Sorry to hear of your hard times bud. When I was Medically Retired TDRL in Feb 13 with 30% from Navy, and 80% VA. My local VSO said that I would never get 100%. In the last 2 years I got 100% VA, TDRL made PDRL and granted SSDI in less than 10 weeks. What I am trying to say if the evidence is there, then the Govt cant argue when there own Policies and Laws say otherwise. I did not submit NODs or Appeals, I just keep reopening the Denied conditions, as there were Bad Exams, Docs did not review evidence, or flat out would not listen. Guess what, with 4 FDCs filed in the last 2 years close to 10 conditions will now all be granted and at high %s. That is why I love Hadit, we are all on here to support and help each other. Good luck and God Bless!!! Please post your evidence and denials on here and I am sure we can figure out what went wrong.

Thank you to everyone!!!!! It means a lot! I still have not received the denial letter but will as soon as I get it.

I never had a lawyer representing me. I learned through all here on Hadit. I just had a top lawyer I know and top doctors I know look over what I sent in. Lawyer and Doctors asked how or where did I get the information etc or if I had an advanced degree. Told them I learn from Hadit then a lot of researching.

With all humility, I kind of predicted this. People do not like others going to their boss and complaining. So, when you do they look over your claim with a fine tooth comb and look for any speck to deny. Frankly, they are mad because you went to their boss!

Many years ago, they had congressional inquiries. For a while, people got good results on their VA claims if they contacted their congress critters. Soon, however, VA flexed its muscles and let congress critters know that they were not to be pushed around, and that it pretty much does not help or even hurts your claim to have a congressional inquiry.

Its getting to be the same with an email to bob or Allison. There is a war going on. The middle management (mostly VA execs below hickey, but above most employees, are mad at Veterans and they want to maintain the "culture of denial", as well as their very generous exec bonus structure. The bottom workers dont like it, and the Vets dont like it, and the top does not like it. Still, its the middle management's job to make the decisions on our claims so this is the reason about 85 percent of our claims are still denied on the first go around, and why we wait 4 years to go to BVA, while VA execs collect their bonuses for "effective management".

I just got home tonight from the additional PTSD C&P exam. This is the second actual face to face exam but the RO office already had the first exam re-evaluated by two different Psychologist that were favorable. The RO called me on Wednesday March 25th of last week to be scheduled in Florida on Monday March 30th for additional C&P PTSD claim, I live in Texas now. To top it off,I called the office in Florida again to verify the appointment and they did not have me in their system after almost getting to Florida from Texas. I called around, researched online and finally found out I was scheduled to be in Mississippi for the exam, so we had to turn around and I almost did not make my appointment. My wife and mother in law are pissed after all that driving. (I can't drive due to right knee reconstruction 2 weeks ago and all the meds the have me on for pain and for PTSD, etc. The C&P went exactly as I thought, the same as the others, hurry up, not listen, etc, etc, etc. Wanted me to take a 370 question test and interview me in less than an hours time. My symptoms were blowing out through the roof and not to mention the cost of driving, hotels, gas, etc and the time wasted and feeling bad for my wife and mother in law doing all that driving.

I wonder what the procedure is to drop my claims??

Or have my case brought back to Texas. My original case back in 1998 was in Texas anyways. I did move to Mississippi for 3 years and did submit a claim and it ended up in Mississippi cause I was informed to mail it to Mississippi but I returned to Texas in last few months, due to issues out of my control and being closer to family again.

I have given up but now do not know what to do. I had 3 or 4 brown envelopes in my mail box when I return home just tonight all Demanding information from me that I already sent in and Demanding all sorts of other stuff. Each letter in the envelope had a typed date of February on it. but it was marked out by hand, then hand written with March 25th date, and it says VA mail room received it on March 19th to send out. So what date is what? The VA is messing with me very, very bad and now I'm afraid. I should have kept my mouth shut and in my own opinion and just waited the 5 to 20 years for them to process it. My PTSD, depression, etc has me spinning in circles!!!

Should I send another email to the Secretary saying sorry for the email and about all the issues with the RO's? Ask to have everything dropped? We all felt good getting home until I saw what they brought me in from the mail box.

The letters with the dates hand written sound like it was return mail. Meaning they finally found out where you live and resent all the letters. Vha and vba systems do not match up. Meaning you change your address at hospital it won't change at the regional office until viewed by employee. Jmho

Edited by JT24usn