• donate-be-a-hero.png

Any Info On Testosterone Injections?

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

K9MAL

I sure will be asking thanks bud.

:Valhalla0321,

Did those meds help?

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Had my first injection Friday. Drove back to my town and initiated a free trial membership at a fitness club and worked out for the first time in years.

The medical stuff went well, injected into my left quadriceps but a few hours later I was very sore there and it has gotten better, but still a little sore.

Had a busy Saturday and again early Sunday, but did end up taking a nap in the afternoon.

I had planned to hit the gym again Sunday but I was a little stiff from the first workout. Had a good workout today.

Don't know yet if it is affecting me. I have approached it the way I did when they put me on fluoxetine: trying to be gung ho optimistic that it will do something for me.

The injections are scheduled every 2 weeks. I have read a few accounts of people having a letdown the last 3 days and if that happens to me I'll talk to my PCP about taking half the dose every week.

Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming and I'll update on my progress or lack of such.

The injections are scheduled every 2 weeks. I have read a few accounts of people having a letdown the last 3 days and if that happens to me I'll talk to my PCP about taking half the dose every week.

Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming and I'll update on my progress or lack of such.

Every 2 weeks is typically going to cause issues. Think of giant peaks and valleys of testosterone, versus more frequent injections, and smoother rolling hills and dips. On top of that you'll typically need an AI (aromatase inhibitor) due to excess testosterone being converted to estrogen due to aromatase. I could go on if you're interested in more...

Injectable-Testosterone-Levels1.png

images+sine+wave+3.jpg

Please do, K9MAL!

I want all the info I can get.

I asked my PCP during our phone appt. if I needed something to prevent conversion to estrogen and she dismissed the idea.

I am hoping that an increase in activity will help use it constructively and avoid the estrogen problem.

I read on some site that while weight-lifting can raise testosterone levels, endurance/aerobic exercise lowers it.

I am wondering whether to incorporate bicycling, walking or using the fitness clubs machines (treadmill/stairstepper, etc.)

Any idea?

Do you know any signs I should look for to warn me of estrogen conversion?

Do you know any signs I should look for to warn me of estrogen conversion?

Mood problems. To put it not so eloquently, acting kinda bitchy. The other big one is gynecomastia which you the typical signs are itchy or sensitive nipples that may become slightly puffy. If she blew off the idea of using an AI due to aromatase conversion she has no idea what in the hell she is doing, fact. Estrogen follows testosterone, fact.

If she won't work with you it is possible to order an AI from India. I personally know people who have ordered and used Altraz with success: http://www.alldaychemist.com/altraz.html Recommended starting dosage if symptoms appear is .25mg which is 1/4 of a pill. It's strong stuff and probably won't be needed very often.

If you do smaller, more frequent injections, then your need for an AI will be less due to not having the huge peaks in testosterone which will cause upswings in estrogen (e2 or estradiol).

Running short on time but I'll add more later... Another option to add is HCG if you'd like to preserve testicle size and function. When you go on T shots for any length of time your testicles will atrophy, some more than others, and they will shut down production.

Edited by K9MAL