Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Soc Timeline

Rate this question

Sailorman

Question

I sent in a Notice of Disagreement (NOD) to to Veteran's Affair 9/14. I Have not received an Statement of the Case (SOC) thus far. This appears to be like a rather long wait and just curious to know how long other veterans have waited to receive their SOC after filing an NOD.

hell I sent mine in may of 2013 and still havent gotten a SOC.

• HadIt.com Elder

They are supposed to issue one within about 30-60 days but rarely do. It's all part of the backlog. Did ya ever notice that VA employees never miss their break time!!! Private industries work thru it, when needed, but never Federal employees, except maybe the Marshal Service. jmo

pr

Its a long tedious wait unfortunately.

I also filed a NOD in September 2013 and haven't heard anything.

I'm hopeful by the middle of 2015, but you never know.

I kind of lucked out when I got mine back. I filed my initial claim in August of 2012. Decided May of 2013 filed initial NOD May 2014. Got my DRO March 19, received first SOC 25 March 2015. However there is another SOC or rather a second one that gives a partial award where the first was a flat out denial. Weird timeframes. This was out of Muskogee regional office. Still waiting on the mailing of the second SOC. I would have expected SSOC not a corrected SOC.

Edited by ArNG11

Sent my original NOD Sept 29, 2014 to the Detroit RO. Received the green card back signed by a Tyrone (last name unreadable) about a week later. Did not hear anything. Called Peggy and was told they never received it. Sent a duplicate NOD November 11, 2014 to Newman, Ga. Received a letter dated November 17, 2014 from Detroit RO saying they received NOD. Have not heard anything since. I am going under the assumption that I will not see anything on ebennies until the SOC is sent to me.