Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Soc Timeline

Rate this question

Sailorman

Question

I sent in a Notice of Disagreement (NOD) to to Veteran's Affair 9/14. I Have not received an Statement of the Case (SOC) thus far. This appears to be like a rather long wait and just curious to know how long other veterans have waited to receive their SOC after filing an NOD.

Your NOD is filed, did you have New & Material Evidence to include with the filing? What type of Hearing did you request? I did a 2010 & a 12 NOD. Really can't remember if I ever got a SOC on either NOD prior to the 06/27/14 , what turned out to be the Official DRO Hearing for the 2010 NOD. I opted for an "Informal Hearing" and DRO cleared both NODS awarding all major $$ issues to include 2012 IU NOD. I know I've recently reviewed the VA reg regarding the Automatic review of a denial when New & Material Evidence is received. If the SR VA Rater or actual DRO can't award the claim based on the N&M Evidence, they must provide the Vet with a Supplemental Statement of Case. No time frame is specified.

When it comes to VA Appeals, nothing moves quite as fast as most Vets think they should. Best to pack a lunch, this certainly is going to be a long drawn out deal. DRO Hearings are still taking upwards of 21/2 to 4 years to be scheduled, unless your in a VARO with very few appeals which is extremely unlikely.

Semper Fi

Gastone

I filed my NOD in 2009 and got my SSOC last month. It is a long drawn out process. Unfortunately my SSOC only gave me a partial retro pay so I filed a NOD and will be submitting new material this week.

It appears that the time line is all over the board. No rhyme or reason. I remember in the past, I received my SOC much sooner. I just wanted to know if I should start shaken trees or just wait patiently. Based on the. Response thus far, I will just wait patiently. Thanks everyone.

And open cliam from mid 80's?

whoa