Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should I Report "hostile" Va Employees?

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

Recently I received an email from a contemptious, even hostile VA employee. At this point, Im not mentioning names, or even the RO.

I should mention that I am also in contact with the "very top levels" of VA, because my issues have gone on unresolved for more than 12 years.

The email I received was correct as far as what was available in my cfile. However, I know that my cfile is incomplete or has been shredded of at least 300 pages of evidence. How do I know this?

I have received 3 copies of my cfile over the past 12 years.

One was the RBA from 2012 another was 2009 and one in 2006. The 2009 version was 300-500 plus pages smaller than the 2006 version, even tho I had added evidence in 2009. I was stunned when I received the 2009 version because it was only about 300 pages, when I knew for a fact, my cfile exceed 1000 pages of evidence over that period, because of the 2006 version.

At issue is the effective dates, and whether VA is going to make good on Dr. Peake's promise of 2008 that "employees would be held accountable" and Veterans would be "given the benefit of the doubt" in regard to VA shredding evidence.

So far, VA has succeeded in "hushing" my shredded evidence complaints. Since 2008, I have had 2 RO decisions and one board decision and "not one" of these even hinted at my 2008 request for special handling due to shredded evidence.

I recognize, if I open my mouth, that VA can/does retaliate. Still, I realize I owe to other Veterans, and myself, "cleaning up and taking out the trash" of Va employees who are hostile/contemptious toward Veterans they are paid to serve.

Based on hadit posts, there are very few, if any Veterans besides myself who are "holding VA accountable" for the shredding incident. Many

vets either are unaware they were denied or got a later effective date because of shredding, or, they simply chose not to do anything about it, and just settled for what VA "gave" them.

I use "gave" in quotes because, there is no doubt I "earned" my VA benefits.

vets earn their benefits in the same way va employees "earn" their compensation, and health insurance benefits. I dont get any Va employee benefits because I dont work for VA, and people who did not serve dont get

va health, or compensation benefits.

I would like others opinions on whether I should persue this, or just drop it like pretty much everyone else. I think this is kind of the problem with va.

va pulls all the shennanigans, in part, because "they can".

they get away with it over and over and over, because vets were taught to suck it up, not complain and go on. In the civilian world, this is largely not so. If we buy something at walmart or burger king that is unsatisfactory, we can go to the store and most of the time they simply refund our money or give us a replacement.

This new "ask Bob" emails seem to want to put this feedback back into

va which has been lacking..since forever.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

I think Berta has done fantastic at holding va accountable. If she does not like the decision, she tells em exactly why. I love that about Berta. However, it would be nearly impossible for va to "undo" any of her benefits, since her late husband is deceased and can not improve and be subject to a reduction.

My health is not improving either, but that does not necessarily stop va from trying to do a reduction as many vets have found out.

reductions for retaliation purposes need to stop

• HadIt.com Elder

broncovet,

Are they any CFR's about the Veteran C-File? what regulates the procedure of what goes in and what comes out, I was thinking anything that goes into the C-file is suppose to stay there and absolutely nothing comes out ..if veteran wants something out of it copies can be made.

If any of your document's are missing and you reviewed your C-File on 2006 -2009- 2012...and you have certified that you reviewed your C-file on those dates and got copies it should be documented that you reviewed your C-file as your copies will be evidence.

I remember one time I was on NOD and made appointment to go to my RO and view my C-file I went (125miles one way) when I got there my C-File was not there (even with an appointment) the VSO had me to fill out a form stating I was there on that particular date to review my C-File & that my C-file could not be viewed as it was not at RO at this time. with no other explanation!

I can't remember the form number?

This is why we need to know the regulations concerning the C-File,

I would think you have a legitimate reason to file a claim & have the VA to CUE themselves.

Based on your evidence (VA lost or Shredded) to support your claim and taking so long.

causing you mental stress and depression & Hardship.

jmo

....................Buck

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

After 25 years the VA finally asked me about my Doctor. I expect retaliation but I have basically moved out of VA as I use it for meds only. He is not going to be happy when he gets my feedback.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

Rather than comment on my experiences with specific VA doctors - - -

The VA medical system fails veterans in more than one area.

First, and possibly most important, it has serious problems dealing with emerging and acute conditions that require prompt and appropriate medical treatment.

Next, the VA has often failed to pay for emergency medical treatment, even when the veteran and the outside facility

have fully complied with the VA regs. An administrative VA clerk's "it's not an emergency" is not in compliance with the law/regs.

The VA basically cannot and does not supply prescription drugs in the time frame and manner needed when a veteran "presents"

with a condition that requires prompt treatment. Instead, the veteran often must obtain the prescription at the veteran's cost, with any repayment doubtful. (It's, in theory, possible using a VA form that has to do with claiming un preapproved medical expenses.)

(Good Luck!)

in the past 4 years i have received 3 different amounts of my c-file. i have a hearing with BVA in may so this past march i received my E-file. well,,, its real light. only about 275 documents. i sent a request and cc to others that i want assurance this is my entire E-File and to send another copy of cd. because i want to make sure the bva has all my evidence.

so bronko, fight for us all man and take out the trash.

Broncovet,

You need to do what is right for yourself and the rest of us Veterans. I would report any "hostile VA employee". Good luck!

USMC 79-85

100% P&T

SMC R1

70% loss of use of right arm due to multiple sclerosis

100% suprapubic cystostomy due to multiple sclerosis

100% loss of use of both lower extremities due to multiple sclerosis

30% left upper extremity weakness

30% insomnia with hypersomnolence

10% neurogenic bowel

• HadIt.com Elder

broncovet,

Instead of reporting this employee , just use it as evidence to help with your claim in some way when you add new evidence just write down what you said here what that employee said but via phone is not good evidence so if you can get a letter from this employee stating those things make copies and send that in too especially if he sticks foot in his/her mouth.

.................Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!