Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Now Out Sourceing C&p

Rate this question

wingnut73

Question

Got a call yesterday from an outside Co. that the VA has given the responsibility to see that I get aC&P from an unknown DR. and location. I was suspicious at first but she had enough info on me for me to believe it. They will send me a Fedex package with the details? Anyone else done this?

I had three C/P exams with QTC doctor's and all went well...You just need to be open/honest with the examiner and make sure you bring any/all p/w with you. I did and it was VERY helpful for the doctor.

Good Luck!

My first C&P back in 2004 was done by an 80 y/o GP contracted by QTC. He could barely walk much less do the exam on me. It was a head to toe claim and service exit exam. Needless to say it wasn't a benefit to me.

My refile C&P's, also done by QTC in 2010, were specialized to BH and orthopedics. The docs were professional and very empathetic and compassionate as I went to them on some of my worst days.

I would also recommend you bring any records that are germane to the exam. My experience, especially with the Behavioral Health exam, was it's better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them.

Also, if you walk in and answer their greeting of "Hi! How are you doing today?" with a with a smile on your face and "Ok, how are you?" when you really feel like crap because why else would you be there, then you've lost the effect of a first impression and you only get one chance at it.