Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Are These Normal Vro & "vso" Issues And Behavior?

Rate this question

Singularity

Question

Hi to all. New member here. I filed a fully developed claim over 8 months ago and since then I haven't received even one call or communication that originated from my "VRO" or "VSO".

I looked up the number for my VSO and they gave me a number in my state. It rings the VRO, but when they answer the phone they say they are also the VSO. Is this normal? (VSO "officers" taking VSO calls at the VRO? It seems like a conflict of interest and it's confusing because I don't know if I am talking to someone objective or on my side vs. someone at the VA who might not be objective or even want to talk.) Any advice appreciated on this.

Also- When I called my "VRO", the claims person I spoke with wouldn't even give me an email address to send a document to that they said they have been seeking from other sources (the gov). The very document that was supposed to be "a reason" for my claim being delayed. So they said they need this document, have requested it from another source (the gov), but would take the copies I have of them, and then basically told me I couldn't have their email or anyone's email there because they are evidently treated like "state secrets".

What gives?

To sum it up- no one has ever called me (VRO or VSO). When I call them, both numbers ring the same place. When I call them, they tell me nothing. They won't even return a call (not ever- not even once). That doesn't fill me with warm feelings considering I have a document on my claim that I signed giving them the power to be my "VSO". As far as I can tell these are all VRO employees, but i don't know - how can they possibly represent me in any good way when I know for a fact the VRO put my claim on "silent hold" because the gov was missing a document that would not have any impact on my condition, anyway (and they would have never told me what the deal was, had I not called them).

Is this all 'normal' VSO & VRO behavior toward a claimant? I thought the VSO was on my side but it appears to me they have little interest.

Frustrated - thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by Singularity

Not to Wee on your camp fire, but remember just because you have filed an FDC doesn't mean it will stay an FDC. If along the way, the rating department deems it needs additional evidence of any sort, your FDC can become a Regular Claim. As long as your FDC Stays an FDC you should get a decision swiftly. I filed (2) FDC's 04 & 05 2014. C&P and decisions back in 4 months, that's at the "Speed O Light" with VA Comp Claims.

Has anyone helped you with your claim other than your VSO? VSO's come in (3) varieties, the Good, The Bad and The ugly. For the most part they are all well intended, but all do not possess the same knowledge, experience and Fire in the belly. Vet's usually don't become aware of their VSO's shortcomings until well into the claims or appeals process.

Semper Fi

Gastone

We have noticed that when my husband has received calls from his VSO (DAV) the caller ID comes up as Veterans Administration and it is their 800 number. They are also in same building. We have wondered about that but didn't think to ask DAV about it.

When we call them, it goes directly to VSO.

Kate

• HadIt.com Elder

We have noticed that when my husband has received calls from his VSO (DAV) the caller ID comes up as Veterans Administration and it is their 800 number. They are also in same building. We have wondered about that but didn't think to ask DAV about it.

When we call them, it goes directly to VSO.

Kate

Kate - I'm surprised you can even get thru to your VSO! The VSO's, housed at the VA get free space/rent, phone, electric, etc., and are, in most cases, in the back pocket of the VA. jmo

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to hadit & lots of good people here to help you!

I would request termination/revoke with your VSO with POA Now & that may take some time?

come here on Hadit ask & questions about your claim.

Or Hire an attorney with experience in VA Law

Also Dr Bash and his assistant John Dorle would be great helping with Medical Opinion with a IME or Filing out DBQ's

you can go the the hadit radio podcast show for 4/15/15 The guest on the show is Dr Bash & John Dorle....Jbasser hosting they give out information phone numbers and emails how to contact them...great show and good information.

................Buck

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

I am really overwhelmed by all your answers and willingness to even offer support through all your experiences and information.

So many thanks to all for listening- I apologize for sounding distressed, I just don't know what to do and I feel the last bit of hope for my family to even be able to exist, is now gone.

Edited by Singularity

• HadIt.com Elder

Get your old psychiatrist to write his/her opine about your condition and how long you were treated for,to get S.C. HE CAN STATE THAT IN HIS/HER OPINION IT IS LIKELY AS NOT HIS CONDITION STARTED WHILE IN THE MILITARY OR SOMETHING CLOSE TO THAT

Don't worry so much about the VA C&P Doc this private Dr that DX your conditions his report can rebute what the VA C&P doc reported.

Just make sure he addresses his report in accordance with VA guidelines and what they require which you can find them here on Hadit.

I Know you need a good decision fast for you and your family but if denied you can file NOD.

Never give up Buddy.

...................Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!