Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

"get Together" For Hadit Members/fans.

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

Please "reply" if you have an interest in a get together for hadit members/fans.

I have been to "hugfest" for Hepatitis C Vets (Im not a hep c Vet, but was invited anyway). It was awesome, even tho I could not stay the whole week.

Im not sure the wheel needs to be reinvented here, so its possible/likely to use the "hugfest" as a pattern for the "haditfest".

I have a friend who does much of the planning for the get together for hugfest, and I can check to see if he would plan us one also, if there is sufficient interest.

Altho I normally think of "hadit" for Veterans, I think all of us can agree "Berta" and "Free Spirit" as well as other spouses of deceased Veterans, deserve an invite.

Its even possible that some of you know a corporate sponsor who may even pick up all/or part of the bill for this, since this directly involves disabled Veterans and/or their spouses. Asking the VA to do this would be like pulling teeth..even tho they have no problem putting on million dollar parties for themselves. Maybe someone could "ask Bob" why VA has parties sponsered by VA and why not one for disabled Veterans. (Tho I am not sure I want to even attend if VA puts it on...)
"

Of course, I completely understand that many hadit members are either too sick, or too broke for such a get together.

Some sort of a "regional" get together may be better.

An example of what makes sense is here, in what Asknod calls "hugfest".:

https://asknod.wordpress.com/category/2013-hugfest-magnet-indiana/

Photos are here

https://asknod.wordpress.com/2013/06/19/hugfest-photos/

• Founder

I'm in, but I am broke or I would put some money in the pot.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

Awesome, Tbird!

We would love to have you. If acceptable to the other attendees, I would be in favor of the group payment for your presence. If 20 people attend

(similar to what attended hugfest) this would only add about 5% to each attendees cost to pay for you. In other words if each persons share of the food, and cabin rental were $200 for the week, then each of the 20 would add an extra $10, for a total of 210, so that your food and cabin rental were covered by the group. I also think there is a good chance that one or more attendees could give you a ride to the get together, as they may drive near your place to get there anyway. Personally, even if I had to drive 300 miles to pick you up, I would come get you.

Is anyone else interested in attending "haditfest"? For now, please respond even if you dont have the money, but would like to come. (We may get a corporate sponsor or, its even possible a Vet gets a six figure retro and elects to help out the people who helped them win their benefits)

Edited by broncovet

To me it looks like a good thing... but I no longer travel... a couple hours travel and I am done for 2 days or more... back to bed... for those that can and want to... it sounds look a good thing to attend and share... maybe have a bunch of regional ones with live camera feeds..

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

01-01-11_My_Medical_Records2.jpg

• Founder

Well thank you broncovet, my niece and her fiancee' and their baby usually drive and travel with me and I'm sure they would be up for it. Everyone in my family is for anything that gets me out of my house.

Tbird

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

Ok, great. We just need some more people (hadit members) who will express a desire to come. Im thinking we need to plan this 6 to 12 months ahead of time..probably 12 because it will likely be in the summertime. A place called "Magnet" Indiana is where the hugfest was, and it was nice. Indiana is kind of centrally located, sort of in the middle of the country. It does not have to be there, but its only about 2-3 hours from my place, so it works for me. Would Magnet Indiana be convienient for you, Tbird?

• Founder

That should work for me.

Tbird