Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

"get Together" For Hadit Members/fans.

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

Please "reply" if you have an interest in a get together for hadit members/fans.

I have been to "hugfest" for Hepatitis C Vets (Im not a hep c Vet, but was invited anyway). It was awesome, even tho I could not stay the whole week.

Im not sure the wheel needs to be reinvented here, so its possible/likely to use the "hugfest" as a pattern for the "haditfest".

I have a friend who does much of the planning for the get together for hugfest, and I can check to see if he would plan us one also, if there is sufficient interest.

Altho I normally think of "hadit" for Veterans, I think all of us can agree "Berta" and "Free Spirit" as well as other spouses of deceased Veterans, deserve an invite.

Its even possible that some of you know a corporate sponsor who may even pick up all/or part of the bill for this, since this directly involves disabled Veterans and/or their spouses. Asking the VA to do this would be like pulling teeth..even tho they have no problem putting on million dollar parties for themselves. Maybe someone could "ask Bob" why VA has parties sponsered by VA and why not one for disabled Veterans. (Tho I am not sure I want to even attend if VA puts it on...)
"

Of course, I completely understand that many hadit members are either too sick, or too broke for such a get together.

Some sort of a "regional" get together may be better.

An example of what makes sense is here, in what Asknod calls "hugfest".:

https://asknod.wordpress.com/category/2013-hugfest-magnet-indiana/

Photos are here

https://asknod.wordpress.com/2013/06/19/hugfest-photos/

• HadIt.com Elder

where is it? & when? and who all is invited? how long would it be for?

Thanks

.....................Buck

All of these thing are mostly negotiable between hadit members as we are still in the early "pre planning" stage. If you are a hadit member, you are invited. I would love to have you, Buck. If there is doubt about you being invited, you probably are. Its for Veterans, their famalies, and widows/widowers of Veterans, who have won, or are still fighting for Veterans benefits, and hadit members and staff. However, a "rough idea" based on the 2013 Hugfest would be:

..Location Magnet Indiana cabin near the Ohio River (if available at the times desired)

..Dates: June, 2016

..Length 3 to 5 days, with arrivals probably beginning on a Friday or a Saturday. Members are encouraged to stay the full 5 days, but if you had to leave early/arrive late, that is fine.

..A "rough estimate" of the cost of the cabin would be 200 per person for the week. I think this is high enough to allow for food. Personally, I vote the group cover Tbird's expenses, as she has indicated she will attend but she can not afford the 200 or so. Each person is responsible for their own transportation to Magnet Indiana. Im hoping Asknod, and his wife, cupcake, can attend. Also great would be Basser, smoke, and anyone who attended hugfest.

Especially needed: Someone with organization skills to plan this. I will help "a little" but am NOT a skilled organizer. Carlie, where are you?

Actually, I have someone in mind who helped with Hugfest, but I have not asked her yet, as I dont know if there is enough interest to make this happen or not. Everyones input is appreciated. What dates would work for you Buck?

Edited by broncovet

• HadIt.com Elder

Any dates would work for us my spouse and I....she just applied for SSD, were waiting for that.
If our health will allow were in.

We can help with T-bird expense be glad to help actually all members that can help get her to the hugfest would be greatly appreciated by all hadit members...if we go we will probably fly to the nearest city and just rent a car. we would need to make reservations ahead of time....(we will start saving)

I would love to meet the lady that started hadit Mrs tbird and thank her personally, also some of the hadit members help me with my claim, Ms Berta and Philip Rogers are two that help me about 14 years ago, I did all the paper work but they advised me on some very important things that help me winning my claim here on hadit.

I would love to meet you broconvet and asknod & Ms carlie Gastone georgipapa,Free-sperit chuck75,John999 & other, without you guys us veterans would not be so well informed.
I Thank God everyday for me finding Hadit.com & I like helping other veterans with their claim's.

''

I want to make a correction here I said above ''she just applied for SSD'', I thought her and a friend went to do that but they never did so I was mistaken that she filed. sorry for the error!
Thanks

..................Buck

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

I could probably make it. Some of us(6-8) met about 10-15 yrs ago, in FL. Maybe longer, as time flies when you age. I've been lucky enough to met, John999, Carlie, tbird, and a few others I can't name right now(brain cramp), in the past. I think it would be great!!!

pr

I think it is a wonderful idea! I am in!

I might have some other ideas but don't have a lot of time to discuss them right now. (I sneaked into hadit while my son is patiently waiting for me to finish my homework so I can take him somewhere...)