Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

"get Together" For Hadit Members/fans.

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

Please "reply" if you have an interest in a get together for hadit members/fans.

I have been to "hugfest" for Hepatitis C Vets (Im not a hep c Vet, but was invited anyway). It was awesome, even tho I could not stay the whole week.

Im not sure the wheel needs to be reinvented here, so its possible/likely to use the "hugfest" as a pattern for the "haditfest".

I have a friend who does much of the planning for the get together for hugfest, and I can check to see if he would plan us one also, if there is sufficient interest.

Altho I normally think of "hadit" for Veterans, I think all of us can agree "Berta" and "Free Spirit" as well as other spouses of deceased Veterans, deserve an invite.

Its even possible that some of you know a corporate sponsor who may even pick up all/or part of the bill for this, since this directly involves disabled Veterans and/or their spouses. Asking the VA to do this would be like pulling teeth..even tho they have no problem putting on million dollar parties for themselves. Maybe someone could "ask Bob" why VA has parties sponsered by VA and why not one for disabled Veterans. (Tho I am not sure I want to even attend if VA puts it on...)
"

Of course, I completely understand that many hadit members are either too sick, or too broke for such a get together.

Some sort of a "regional" get together may be better.

An example of what makes sense is here, in what Asknod calls "hugfest".:

https://asknod.wordpress.com/category/2013-hugfest-magnet-indiana/

Photos are here

https://asknod.wordpress.com/2013/06/19/hugfest-photos/

• Founder

Navy4Life had to cancel as organizer you know sometimes life just gets in the way. So if anyone else wants to step up to organize this. PM me. I would strongly recommend someone who has experience doing this. Where we go and want we do depends greatly on the number of folks coming and where they are coming from. If you look at the data for where the majority of our visitors come from it's Texas, Florida, Georgia I think are the top 3.

Buck had a pretty good idea..just "pick the date and time" by vote..and everyone just shows up, gets their own room and food, and we dont have like a "group cabin" like we did with hugfest...unless someone steps us and wants to organize it.

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm sure someone will step up if its going to be 2016 after school is out hopefully we'll have some better info way before then!

Remember 2016 in election year November!

.................Buck

I am in,I would love to go to something like this and meet the hadit members.Especially in Orlando,I am moving to Florida next month,but I would go to Indiana also.My wife would love this also.TBird I can help you if needed.I will even donate a decent amount of money to help other hadit members to be able to go.Its great its a year away,so everyone has time to plan for this.Me and my wife feel very excited about this.

• Founder

Buck had a pretty good idea..just "pick the date and time" by vote..and everyone just shows up, gets their own room and food, and we dont have like a "group cabin" like we did with hugfest...unless someone steps us and wants to organize it.

I like this idea also, but we will also need a place we can all meet and greet.