Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% But Served Under 90 Days In Service Home Loan

Rate this question

lamontino

Question

I am 100 percent rated by military but i served way under 90 days. Can I still get a home loan to get a house?

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, if you served minimum of 2 weeks and received a medical discharge and you have a DD214 The your quilfied for benefits.

I help a fellow veteran one time that spent 2 weeks in the Army and 2 weeks in an army hospital he fell in basic training broke his back and the surgery he had (private Dr) caused him to be disabled he was preciously was medically discharged he did received a DD214....Years later say 45/47 years later when I met him he was on SSDI and never paid into the system maybe a few months was all he was getting about 800 month with SS...

He was having finical problems paying for his pain medication he was on a surgical implanted morphine pump but not getting Medicare at the time because of his age under 65. (he turn 65 and got Medicare)

I took him to the VAMC with is ID and DD214 and he started getting his meds at the VA.

I was working on a claim for compensation for him but he died in his sleep before we filed.

his wife had died about 8 years before he did.

..........Buck

damn Buck. Some of that rings true for me, also. Fell from a faulty obstacle fractured vert., 2 fragmented discs in lumbar and sacral. Im only 38 and luckily for me I grew up military so I knew about VA care. Glad that your guy got some of the help that he needed.

Lots here for veterans, servicemembers, and their survivors on VA Home Loans and eligibility requirements:

http://www.benefits.va.gov/HOMELOANS/

Yes, if you served minimum of 2 weeks and received a medical discharge and you have a DD214 The your quilfied for benefits.

I help a fellow veteran one time that spent 2 weeks in the Army and 2 weeks in an army hospital he fell in basic training broke his back and the surgery he had (private Dr) caused him to be disabled he was preciously was medically discharged he did received a DD214....Years later say 45/47 years later when I met him he was on SSDI and never paid into the system maybe a few months was all he was getting about 800 month with SS...

He was having finical problems paying for his pain medication he was on a surgical implanted morphine pump but not getting Medicare at the time because of his age under 65. (he turn 65 and got Medicare)

I took him to the VAMC with is ID and DD214 and he started getting his meds at the VA.

I was working on a claim for compensation for him but he died in his sleep before we filed.

his wife had died about 8 years before he did.

..........Buck

That is very good of you to help him out! And thank you for your reply. I got an honorable discharge it wasnt a medical discharge (at least it doesnt say it on the dd214) but I was discharge because of my back....SO DOES THAT MAKE ME MEDICALLY DISCHARGE? Which will that make me able to get "A HoMe Loan?

Lots here for veterans, servicemembers, and their survivors on VA Home Loans and eligibility requirements:

http://www.benefits.va.gov/HOMELOANS/

I went there to that website before coming here it doesn't tell me specifically about a person being 100% ...it only states;

*If you do not meet the minimum service requirements, you may still be eligible if you were discharged due to (1) hardship, (2) the convenience of the government, (3) reduction-in-force, (4) certain medical conditions, or (5) a service-connected disability.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes Honorable Discharge is the best a veteran can get!

However it would not matter Honorable or Medical Discharge.

Getting a VA Approved Loan has nothing to do with your rating...Although they do use your income , so being 100% disable Veteran helps.

Your a qualified Veteran ..that's all you need & of course proof you was in the military (DD214)

Usually the Realtor will get your MCE (Military certificate of eligibility.)

Be good to act on this soon because of the lower interest rates and veterans do not have to have the ''PIR''

(Premium Insurance Rate)

Good Luck & Happy House Hunting!

..............Buck