Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

This Is Interesting To Say The Least!

Rate this question

notapb1

Question

My awards letter for IU dated May 8th states: We have assigned a permanent 100% disability evaluation for service connected disabilities effective November 13, 2012.

No examination will be scheduled in the future for your total and permanent disabilities.

I met with the Regional Rep. today for my Commissary Letter. The computer states that I am 80% being paid at the 100% rate and that an examination would be scheduled for 2016.

WHAT THE ####!!!!!!!

We had just met with my SO on Friday last and she went over all the new benefits. Gave me a list of things that my wife and I needed to do and she went on vacation until next week.

Gee do you think someone screwed up or what.

More to follow!

What are your SC disabilities? Sounds normal if they are not considered static disabilities. As long as you have continuing treatment and don't show marked improvement that warrants a lesser rating you should be safe.

I'd wait to get the full hardcopy decision and that should explain more. Does it not state this on your decision you received?

Mr. A

:ph34r: " FIGHT TILL YOUR LAST BREATH " :ph34r:

• HadIt.com Elder

Not sure?

There's a difference being rating 80% vs 100% even being paid at the 100% your suppose to be 100% extra scheduler. even if you show a combined rating of 80% you should still be consider 100% and get all the benefits that come with 100%

but the 100% P&T Have better benefits than the 100%.

100 % P&T you usually get chapter 35 benefits for your spouse and ChampVA Insurance and your spouse can go back to school & get a degree

I hope you get all this straighten out soon

..................Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA is not known for accuracy or timely actions, administrative or otherwise.

The only way I actually found what the VA was showing in detail concerning my claims and awards (Other than the usual award letter and automatic deposits)

was to go into E-Bennies with a "premium" account, start a "new claim", and dig through all the information that allows access to.

You should have or will receive a letter showing the awarded condition(s) and percentages, as well as a statement pertaining to P&T.

I agree with Buck, but add:

I would ask "why is it important to you to be P and T"? Your reason will affect my advice.

You see, this decision in your hands becomes final after a year. If you need to appeal it, you should do so in that year period.

Does the letter say your dependents have eligibilty for Ch. 35? Did you get retro compensation consistent with 80 percent or 100 percent? What does ebeneifts say, especially in your AB8 letter.

If all these things indicate 100 percent p and T, then dont worry about what the computer says..it may even be changed soon, or you and the VSO looked at it wrong. It wont be the first time VA's computers were wrong, yours may have not been updated as to the date of reexam.

For right now, take a wait and see attitude, to see if its updated later. If the problem does not get fixed in a couple weeks, then consider filing a nod based on a conflict between the RO decision and the computer. You could also email ms. Hickey on this problem, but wait a couple weeks to see if it resolves itself first.

• HadIt.com Elder

Your award letter is wrong or your IU is wrong.

It should have said that your rating is 80 percent but they are paying you at the 100 percent rate.

The Permanent and total status is for real. No future exams is the key.

JBasser

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

My SSD is based on mental, PTSD.

P&T was important due to the benefit of health insurance for wife and educational benefits for daughter. It does not say aanything concerning CH 35, but does say that Basic eligibility to Dependents Educational Assistance is established from November 13, 2012

My retro was based on 100%

The claim is not now nor ever listed on ebenifits.

Thanks all I am taking a wait and see attitude.