Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va File Request

Rate this question

CHerv08

Question

Hey everyone!

I was speaking to a friend that recently went to our local VARO and recieved a copy of his entire C-File on disk when he went down to the records bureau in roughly 60 minutes.

After doing all the research on Hadit.com and looking online - I have not seen anyone metion getting their file on a disk.

I figured I would throw a feeler out there to see if anyone had heard of this, I'd like to get a good sense before I make the drive down there to stand in the line of the roller coaster to no where.

Thanks!

C

Hey everyone!

I was speaking to a friend that recently went to our local VARO and recieved a copy of his entire C-File on disk when he went down to the records bureau in roughly 60 minutes.

After doing all the research on Hadit.com and looking online - I have not seen anyone metion getting their file on a disk.

I figured I would throw a feeler out there to see if anyone had heard of this, I'd like to get a good sense before I make the drive down there to stand in the line of the roller coaster to no where.

Thanks!

C

Wow that is crazy fast. I thought I got lucky when I got my hard copy in less than 7 days. CD would be awesome. Makes it a lot easier to go through.

Mr. A

:ph34r: " FIGHT TILL YOUR LAST BREATH " :ph34r:

Yes, I have heard of getting your C-file on disk. My last C&P exam the doctor showed me my SMR's on his computer, they had been scanned and were not in chronological order but he was able to find where I had been treated for a laceration in April of 1968. Because my files had been scanned I figured I should be able to get a copy of them. After the exam stopped by the FOIA office and inquired about getting them. The lady told me that those were only accessible by the doctor handed me a form to fill out and send in. I did not send it in because I have several claims pending and didn't want to delay them. I see you are from Detroit, that is my VARO also, so I would be interested to know if you do follow through.

• HadIt.com Elder

Elder Hadit member Asknod has some good information on his web site blog.

https://asknod.wordpress.com/2015/01/12/2015-va-updates-on-getting-your-c-file/

......................Buck

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Hey everyone!

Thanks!

C

I too have my entire C-File on a disc

Edited by Navy4life

US Navy Desert Storm Veteran
Proudly served my Country!!! :biggrin:

Tried this last month and got my CD in less than 7 days.

See attached:

VA Records Management Center
4300 Goodfellow Blvd., Bldg. 104
St. Louis, MO 63120

Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 5020
St. Louis , MO 63115
Phone: 888-533-4558 FREE Or 888-533-4558 FREE
Fax: 314-679-3615
View Map: Bing - MapQuest - Google

The VA Records Management Center (RMC) services VBA, VHA, NCA, DoD, Veterans and their families, and other external agencies. In 1992, the RMC began receiving, storing and providing Service Treatment Records (STRs) received from DoD in support of VBA’s mission.

RMC receives over 300,000 inactive claims folders annually from VA Regional Offices. The RMC’s file storage area houses over 3.5 million claims folders and over 3.6 million separate STRs. The file storage room is equipped with movable electronic filing units, nearly 107 miles of shelving. An average of over 1,800 claims folders and STRs are shipped daily to Regional Offices in support of VBA’s mission.

RMC furnishes service data and rating extracts to support eligibility inquiries from VBA, VHA and NCA offices nationwide. RMC answers over 150,000 inquiries and provides over three million pages of records each year in response to requests received from Veterans, DoD and various government agencies.

RMC has a satellite office, co-located with the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC), which processes requests from VA Regional Offices to support claims adjudication on a national scale. This office answers over 390,000 electronic inquiries annually, copying and mailing over two million pages of records. In June 2011, the office and NPRC moved into a new building specifically designed to meet National Archives and Records Administration standards for record archiving facilities.

Note: RMC and NPRC are co-located. Great news!

Vern 2