Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Reduction In Rating

Rate this question

RUREADY

Question

I notice some people are getting a proposal to reduce rating...

just remember what it took to get the rating you got. Then you go to

Primary Care Doctor or another C&P for a new claim or increase claim

THEY WILL CHECK YOU FOR YOUR ALREADY service connected disabilities .

Example: you are rated 40% back 40 % radiculopathy of legs, your new claim is for

sleep apnea they ask you to bend and touch your toes and this is even at PC appointments

you bend and its 30 degrees or less to keep 40% you bend 50 degrees this will drop your rating.

Just keep this in mind what it took to get your rating and what it take to keep it. RU

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with ya broncovet.

Solenoid Probative Medial Evidence is always best & speaks for its self so to speak.

The problem is after the veteran submits it in his claim...VA tends to lose it or choose to not read it or claim they never received it ect,,ect,, what ever reason it makes it hard on a veteran & Its easier for a rater to send out denials than opposed to gather up all the veterans information and evidence and read it and Award it. .....> And the Appeal begins.

If the raters would get it right the first time maybe the backlog of claims would be smoother and sooner.

jmo

Thanks Gastone...Sure something to think about.

PUREADY,

I Can't Mow yards any more, not able to walk or stand over 15 20 minutes at a time (R Acute Arthritis) both knees hands and elbows, some times I need help to get up out of a chair its all I can do to muster up enough energy and fight through the pain to get to my VAMC for my Appointments,. these are non-SC Disability's (I choose not to be in a wheel chair) yet anyway.

My S.C. Disability's is 75% 80 % loss of hearing with 10% Tinnitus ,My word Decimation is just about as bad as you can get.

I am consider 90% loss of hearing & 10% Tinnitus combined rating of 90% but they added the Extra scheduler rating and to award the 100% TDIU. ...I can hear a Sudden Loud Nosie...but regular conversations I can't hear or understand anything.

I have special devises for the phone & TV and of course Hearing Aids but the Aids don't help, my Audiologist has mention there's not much they can do for my hearing other than surgery to have ''Cochlear'' Implants....which I refuse to do.

This is a big part of my Depression.

I've truly gone down Hill the last couple years & gained weight not to bad but I could lose about 50/60 lbs that sure would help I am 6'2 and weigh 250 lbs I Never had a problem with my weight until about 2 years ago or so I always was about 170lbs

A lot of things that is said to me I don't comprehend because of my bad hearing obviously and it makes every day living hard to deal with.

I don't like to ask some one to repeat them self....I know it frustrate them so I miss out on a lot what is said...I take my wife to the Dr with me so she can hear what's being said.....If I lose her..I'd be up a creek with out that old paddle for sure.

I would gladly give a foot or one of my arms to get my hearing back.

Its taken its toll on me.

Buck

Buck sorry for your troubles but at the same time I must say this

As long as you don't try anything or with no movement in body parts

it just keep getting worst. Play checker on the computer, clean basement,

or garage or try painting just find something to get you moving more, it will hurt a while

but it will get better the more movement the better you fell you got to keep pushing I just ant

ready to go yet. :smile: Get to moving brother

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks PUREADY

I am going to try to do some form of exercise and good diet....I use to love to run before my health I went down I could run 3 miles without stopping now I can't attempt it at all...I will try to go do some walking as my Dr suggested even then I know I'll be in pain and have to suffer but as long as I don't over do it...I should be ok..

Heck the way I feel and look at present I know I wouldn't make the Hadit get together that there thinking about having next year..

you and your wife should think about going! be good to see a lot of hadit members.& shoot the #### Bull! I mostly sit back and try to figure out what all is being said but I've Learn to read lips fairly well.

Were going to try to make it.

btw I hope it don't take you 6 months to paint your old truck maybe 5 give or take eh! :wink:

Thanks again

.......Buck

Edited by Buck52

"There are very specific rules the VA must follow for a reduction"

That said the VA, in the recent past, has proposed reductions based upon a single VA medical

treatment record or C&P. That is not really in accordance with the laws and regs.

The exception to the protection is based upon what the VA consideres an error

in the existing award(s), or what seems to be fraud.

In the far past there were instances when the VA had all the appearance of retaliating against

individual veterans that involved claims and awards.

Can you speak more about this? My reduction was based off of one C&P exam, not anything else. I filed the NOD and got an IMO all that, i should have a hearing at some point so i would like to know more about the regs in regard to reductions not being based on one single treatment record/exam.

I believe most veterans are honest and the medical test & evidence proves there disability.

looking into the mirror and asking yourself if your truly owed this rating is a good analogy also ask yourself if you earned this rating.

The VA sure don't take the veterans word on it when he'/she says I'm disable give me compensation.... we all know it don't work that way.

They probably are some veterans that can beat the system but very few!

I never thought about its but probably in the 1%

I think it would be hard to cheat on a disability. (How)??

Imo I think most veterans would rather be healthy and work, most of us have degrees before we went into the military or acquired one during or after we got out of the military and we can make more $$ than what we get on VA Compensation.

but unfortunately things go south on most of us through the years and most of us that can't work what compensation we do get sure helps .

Imo I think if a veteran files for increase to his already disability or a secondary increase. (he/she has that right) &

what matters most is the C&P examiner, how its conducted and performed ,the Dr also needs to be Honest!

Because there are just some plain ass-hole DR's out there trying to bring down a veteran because they have a chip on there shoulder or a power thing or prejudice & like have an attitude an attitude like>> '' I am the Dr and what I say goes'' ''I don't like this veterans looks I think I 'll just get him reduced and show him 'her the power I have.''

What ever his reason the VA should not bring Dr's like this into the VA & should screen there Dr's better and not bring bias/prejudice Dr's with attitudes into the VA

There's so many un- friendly veteran Dr's in the VA like that....Going to C&P exam Dr's that is veteran(un-friendly) The Dr already has it in his mind made up before the exam to try to reduce a veterans rating from the get go.

just my Opinion!

...........Buck

I agree i think most vets are honest and not trying to game the system etc and would rather be "normal" than be given what is honestly a paltry compensation for what they could have done with their lives.

I was working a job after i got out that made A LOT of money. I was 25/26 and making, no exaggeration, mid six figures for a couple of years. My PTSD was progressively getting worse since i got out and i got to the point where it was putting my life and others in danger, since the job was one where if you forget things, make the wrong move, wrong reaction to an incident it could and would lead to someone being injured or dead. I tell everyone i quit because i got married, etc. And i did promise her i would when i got married, but if i had never met my wife i would still have had to quit very soon.

So lets add up the math, Even if i were 100% TDUI i would be getting what...36k a year? I am losing 120k a year because of this illness, so i dont feel i am gaming at all. I know thats not what other posters have inferred on me personally, but i wanted to bolster what Buck52 said. I also used to be a very good writer, had been published and was a "promising writer with a great future" as one college professor told me. I can still write, but my issues keep me from ever finishing things as well as making simple mistakes that i have to constantly correct (as my posts reveal im sure). i get over anxious and get panic attacks over the smallest blips and end up shelving it. currently have 2 books and 3 screenplays sitting in dust because of this. And the worst part is the VA makes me feel like i am gaming. At first i went in and just thought, i dont want to use all the legal gobbley gook, go out and get multiple doctors statements, and exam notes for a claim. I thought the VA will look at me, i will tell them the truth and they will understand. thats not reality i found out. I still feel like a gamer when i go get IMO evidence, etc. it makes me feel like a ambulance chasing lawyer, but thats the system they have created for us. To make us feel like dishonorable when we have to defend their dishonorable actions.

Edited by USMC_VET