Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Scheduled For Future Reduction?

Rate this question

Andyman73

Question

Was just checking my ebennies to see if and or what is new different exciting or same-same. Saw on my benefits summary letter this interesting statement; You are considered not permanantly disabled due to my SCDs because I am scheduled for review on April 1st, 2020. Also said; You are considered not permanantly disabled due to my SCDs because I am scheduled for future reduction in ratings on April 1st, 2020. Are they yanking my chain, or what?

I have heard of people having to do a exam every 5 years or so, depending on the SCD.

PTSD/MST & Bipolar:

100% TDUI P&T

PCL: 10%

SSDI

Survivors & Overcomers -

There is hope to Overpower.

All gave some, Some gave ALL

If your under 55, your open for Diary Dated Future Reduction Exams. This is especially true if you have SC conditions that have a historical possibility of improvement based on time and or treatment.

Semper Fi

Gastone

Any disability you are rated for that has the opportunity to get better you are open to be reduced. Look at it like -you are getting the compensation for the disability you incurred while on AD so if it gets better the next right thing to do is reduce the rating/compensation. The whole point IMO is to get better. Now there are some contentions that will never get better but as I stated there are some out there....

US Navy Desert Storm Veteran
Proudly served my Country!!! :biggrin:

Bass, Gastone, Navy4life,

Yah, I heard about the 5yr thing, too. But on that same page it shows my most recent upgrade was dated February, and this "downgrade" appt. is for April, 5yrs and 2 months. I find it amuzing that their 5yr timeframe is longer than 5 yrs. I must say, since my original award date of 11-'98, I have not had one single appointment, exam or whatever that wasn't due to my action first(like filing for new SCD or increase).

Furthermore, none of my SCD are of the self-healing/improving variety(are there any that are?). My knees have gotten worse, my back has gotten worse, my hearing...worse..tinnitus...worse...voices in my head...screaming...and so on. I've even had several different VA docs tell me that my condition(which ever they were specifically looking at) has gotten worse, and will continue to do so....like DDD, and the loss of cartiledge in my knees.

My wife was upset by that, when I told her, but I said it's just more of the VA's bs. And the only reduction I actually will be facing won't be till our kids age out. She felt better then.

Anyway...I appreciate ya'lls responses, as always.

Semper Fi.

Andy

• HadIt.com Elder

AndyMan.

you should file a NOD on all your SC disability's and what the Doc said about them getting worse a lot worse, you could possibly get 100% P&T. Get new medical evidence to support your claim and what that Dr mention.

If you can't work they can award you TDIU P&T With no future exams and your disability's are of Nature Or static.

...................Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Buck!!!!!!!

I actually do have a few claims in the works. I have L foot condition to include plantar fasciitis, of which I mailed approx 35 pages of supporting docs, some of which covers treatment of said foot condition since 1997-8 AD and from then to present VA med treatment. I expect a C&P in the very near future, since I was called by the Philla VARO and the voice on the phone said my local VAMC will be contacting me shortly with the C&P appt. time/date. And I just now submitted a reopen/reconsider application for my denied sciatica(radiculapathy) of each lower extremity claim. And I will be USPS cert./return receipt on Monday, the new and materiel, or not even looked at evidence for same.

And...I have my initial MH eval scheduled for June 25th. From which I plan on filing claims for PTSD/MDD and associated OSA, and alcohol abuse due to same. So, I do have several balls in play at this moment.

Andy