VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Smc Awarded This Board Is Unbelievable!

Rate this topic

This is how it reads on ebenefits, it seems like that added them to come up with the 60%.

Entitled to special monthly compensation under 38 U.S.C. 1114, subsection (s) and 38 CFR 3.350(i) on account of asthma rated 100 percent and additional service-connected disabilities of onychomycosis and tinea pedis, claimed as foot fungus, acne vulgaris with acne keloidalis nuchae and pseudofolliculitis barbae, patellar tendonitis, left knee, tinnitus, patellar tendonitis, right knee, right 5th finger injury , independently ratable at 60 percent or more from 10/08/2008.

You are receiving the following compensation

SMC (S-1)
Effective Date : 10/08/2008

Rating Date : 06/11/2015

Edited by bigwillienc

Congrats. According to what you posted, yes, you indeed get SMC S, because you have 100 plus 60. Did you get your total of 100 plus 60 in 2008? If you got it earlier, you may be entitled to an Earlier effective date.

I just got notification in ebennys that my claim for smc has been decided on, it reads "development sent" "decision sent" and in my additional benefits it's shows "special monthly compensation" but not sure if I was awarded or denied, the letter hasn't arrived yet but my doctor wrote a lengthy one page letter in support of this claim and they received the letter on June 8th and made a decision yesterday June 18th, very anxious to see what the decision is. I'm rated at 100%, any thoughts on how to confirm if this is an award or denial? As for the 1800 827 1000 number, they won't tell you what the decision is.

Did you click on the additional benefits, SMC and then click it again to expand it? I thought it may show there like the ratings do once the decision is decided, but that was just an assumption. I guess it would depend on data entry on their side. Good Luck!

• 1 month later...