Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Homeless, Diabled Vet, Dysautonomia Secondary To Ptsd In Search For The Best Claims Rep In Illinois

Rate this question

disabledvet1

Question

I'm an emotional xxxxxxx wreck, sorry for the long post.

For a long time I struggled with refusing to get help, trying to man up... all the bullshit that comes with it. I finally wised up and realized that as a 27 year old young man with my entire life ahead of me I don't have to continue living like this. Time to hold the Army accountable for its actions.

I suffer not only with PTSD but also many other chronic health issues, one of them dysautonomia (a nervous sytem disorder that leaves me bed-bound most of my life). Dysautonomia is said to be secondary to long term, unresolved, PTSD, according to my Autonomic Neurologist. Currently I take large amounts of legal, scripted amphetamines to get out of bed in the morning.

I'm looking for the best claims rep in Illinois (I live near Chicago). I don't have time to beat around the bush, fail the claim, have to go through appeals... etc. I want this done right the first time. PTSD, migraines, dysautonomia, gastroparesis, chronic idiopathic constipation, chronic fatigue syndrome, anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, tinnitus (that greatly exascerbates my migraines), and a irritable bowel syndrome. No I am not making all of these up. I have a 3 inch binder to prove it, with medical records, referrals, doctors notes, diagnoses, etc. Stanford, Mayo, Vanderbilt, etc. visits all included. My health is completely xxxxxx.

I am so sick of being alone, having my family abandon me in my time of need, and living on the street. Is there anyone out there that has an idea of a phenomenal claims rep that they would recommend, to help me get my claim processed so I can have a safe place to stay, for once in my life? I'm ready to move forward and need a good name to help me get this claim rolling so I can spend the money on furthering my medical treatment.

Thank you,

Nick

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Nick,

I am sorry to hear of your current situation. Unfortunately I have no knowledge of that area for representation. I am positive that there will be some good suggestions on here. There is a good group of individuals, who will help in any way they can. Stay positive, and the community should be able to assist you.

V/r

Detel

I would recommend to contact VA health care about your homelessness and health first.

Most medical centers have a C&P office and others who can get you started.

Since you are already SC you can move this along pretty good yourself by sticking around here and getting suggestions.

Stillhere THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!

• HadIt.com Elder

Did you have this Dysautonomia when you was SC AT 20%?? and Homeless? or if not what is your 20% rated for?

Being your in appeals for all these contentions?

You may want to check with a Dr with VA experience.

One comes to mind is Dr Bash he is a member here at hadit

if your on the street you need to go see your VAMC SOCIAL OFFICE.

I Wish you the best

.....................Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Dysautonomia is a ratable condition.

The veteran in this case had evidence inservice of this disability.

http://www.va.gov/vetapp09/Files1/0902729.txt

But other BVA decision show that it can be lumped into other manifestations and conditions:

"ORDER

Entitlement to an initial rating in excess of 10 percent for autonomic neuropathy, dysautonomia, and bradycardia with pacemaker is denied."

http://www.va.gov/vetapp14/Files6/1452456.txt

"I suffer not only with PTSD but also many other chronic health issues, one of them dysautonomia (a nervous sytem disorder that leaves me bed-bound most of my life). Dysautonomia is said to be secondary to long term, unresolved, PTSD, according to my Autonomic Neurologist. "

You will need to get the PTSD service connected first to claim this is a secondary condition to it.

The new 2010 PTSD regulations are here in our PTSD forum.

They require a VA MH dioagnosis of PTSD and, if you dont fall into the 'fear of hostile activity" part ,or have combat MOS or combat awards on your DD 214, you will have to prove the stressor that caused the PTSD.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Welcome aboard and sorry to hear of your issues bud. I was Medically Retired from the Navy at 30, now only 33, so it is definitely hard to have such health issues at a young age. My personal opinion is that you don't need a VSO, DAV or Lawyer. I had all of the above and they all sucked. I left the Navy at 30%, and VA 80%. Within the next year I got to 100% VA, SSDI in less than 10 weeks, and VA pays my wife to be my caregiver. I personally think that you should file for SSDI which you can file online, and I can help you with that. As far as VA goes, just submit an FDC on Ebenefits and upload all of your evidence. If it is there then the VA will have to grant those conditions. Now keep in mind that you don't want to apply for 50 conditions, if in fact they can be lumped into a few. For example all of your mental conditions are going to be grouped into MDD or PTSD, as I have quite a few too and they are all under PTSD 70%. All of your stomach conditions need to be grouped as IBS, I have Crohns Disease which consists of 3 or 4 conditions, but granted under Crohns 30%. I don't think this will be as overwhelming or confusing as you think bud. Just submit the claim, upload evidence, go to the C&P exams. Go in there be honest and don't think you should have any issues. What are you currently SC for? Where you in War or do you have Stressor Letters, or medals? Good luck, we are here for you, and God Bless

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars