VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Still Sabotaging Veterans’ Choices

ranger11bv

Veterans Administration top brass are trying again to sabotage the Choice program, which supposedly allows vets to see a doctor outside the delay-plagued VA system. On Thursday, VA Deputy Secretary Sloan D. Gibson will ask Congress for permission to raid the $10 billion Choice fund and spend the money elsewhere. It’s an underhanded betrayal, but no surprise. Since the celebrated VA reform law was passed last August, VA administrators, from Secretary Robert McDonald down to union underlings, have been trying every trick to block sick vets from getting outside treatment. The bureaucrats are more concerned with keeping the money inside the dysfunctional agency than caring for vets, even if that means they languish and suffer on wait lists.

http://spectator.org/articles/63218/va-still-sabotaging-veterans%E2%80%99-choices

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA is afraid transition to medicare-like program is coming and they will lose their useless jobs. VA a is wonderful welfare program for politicians, contractors, doctors, nurses and all that staff that never looks up when you stand in front of them. VA system is a fraud. There is no "system" in the VA. Just battles between little empires within the VA health care system. All this new construction could be used to actually treat veterans instead of creating jobs for non-vets who are parasites on us. The VA is sort of like WWP. The staff make money while the vets get crumbs. Anyone who joins the military and does not expect to get screwed by the military and VA is a fool. I was a young fool. Now I am an old fool. Maybe the army is better than prison?

John

I think too many outside doctors , looking over past VA med recs, will find too many instances of VA malpractice.

And I think that is something VA is afraid of.

• HadIt.com Elder

My thoughts too Ms berta

.............Buck