VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hcv @ 100% P&t To 2009

Rate this topic

Got the word from Paul and Leigh in Florida tonight. Fort Fumble in Baltimore just got around to rating her P&T after their Feb 15th win at the BVA. She got the full ride from Nov. 2009 filing. Jetguns and dental work were the winners. Three nexus letters from her transplant doc, the Mayo clinic doctor and our own Dr. Ben Cecil did the trick. Follow the recipe and you win every time. What a relief and a very nice retro check. Now for the SMC S for her secondaries.

Clear Prop

Shoo, doggies. I gave up counting about 300 or so. Many never write back to tell if they won nowadays. Leigh is special. She's one of the last I began helping early on when I was in the VAMC for a year. They said she got it from unprotected sex. VA is that vindictive. They pointed to a history of PID in her STRs as the "definitive" proof. She had two wisdom teeth pulled with no sanitary protocols in 87. Jetguns were still in full swing then too. She got married to Paul about five minutes after she joined and she's still married to him. Paul doesn't have HCV so that dog wouldn't hunt. They asked him to test, too.Three doctors-three IMOs that were unequivocal and they still denied her. That's the third one that had to go to the BVA on appeal. Local ROs don't have the authority to grant jetgun claims. Think back to the old (EAP) Excessive Rewards Program, Loyal. Remember if you hit too big a lottery prize, they sent it back to VACO for a backroom "reinspection" and almost every one of them got a haircut or a new denial after a win. This was no different.

One day, they'll come out and say "Hold the phone. We were wrong. Jetguns do transmit nasty viral diseases. So we're gonna make Hep C presumptive for Vets up to 1998 when we discontinued their use. Too bad most of them are dead already. If only we'd known. It's also too bad the claim dies with the Vet or we'd pay the spouse. Bummer, huh?"

They used Keith Snyder out of Baltimore when they went up to the BVA. He got it advanced on the docket on 20.900 (c ) for her. Six years of delays. It took Keith over 15 months to get her c-file and even then it was incomplete. Nice $215 K retro but no interest. She had to do a liver txplant in 2011 and VA shined her on for that too. "For (s)he who hath borne the Battle" for six long years. Ugly. Never leave 'em behind, cowboy. Never. And equally important, never give up and walk away.

Another win for Asknod! I sent him an email a few weeks ago wondering if I would get a reply, figuring he was busy. He replied the same day! We've exchanged several emails since then, and he has been a bundle of knowledge helping with a claim for DMII that I'm working on. Great guy, and willing to help other veterans. With his knowledge to help you, you'll get whatever you're entitled to. Thanks for everything you've done to help me. Congratulations to Paul and Leigh with their win! Good luck with the Silver Queen corn, Alex!

Chuck

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use