Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam For Combat Ptsd Results And What Do You Think

Rate this question

stebarbar

Question

mental disorder icd code300 ,mental disorder 309.81-- meets dsm5 and dsm 4, occupational with reduces reliability and productivity,left work at 50 increase guilt.nightmare secondary due experiences in vietnam. History: interacts less with grandchildren and spouse say he it withdrawn,,revlevant occup & educ symptoms suggestive of classic survivors guilt, relevant mental history actively with ptsd clinc [ taken at least 7 or8 classes and seen by psychiatrist md,and psycholigist since 2012. ptsd raw scale 63 [dont know what that means} dsm 4 all met. 1. expeeriences repeated disturbing memories,thoughts or images of stressful military from past score 4. 3. acting or feeling happening again score1. 4. feeling upset and reminded of a stress scor3 3, 5. having physical reaction reminded score 5, 6. avoiding thinking and talking about stressful militar experience score 4. 7. avoiding activities or situations reminded of military score 4, 8 trouble remembering parts of stressful military experience score 2, 9. lose of interest in activities that used to enjoy score 5.10. feeling distant or cut off from other people score 4. 11. feeling numb or unable to have loving feeling score3, 12 feeling as if you future will be cut short 4. 13. trouble falling asleep or staying asleep score 4. 14 felling irritable and angry outbursts score 4. 15 ifficulty concentrating score 5. 16. supper alert on gurard score 4. 17. feeling jumpy or easily startled 4. mdeication taken floxetine,prazosin,trazadone and alprazolam. social drinking never any drugs. symptoms veterans diagnoses: depressed mood,anxiety,suspiciousness, panic attacks more than once a week, chronic sleep impairment.disturbances of motivation and mood and difficulty adapting to stressfull cicustances including work like settings or work. behavior observations: appears anxious,does not appear to readily comprehend question when first asked,ongoing anxiety with frequent arousals that fit definiton of panic attacks,complaints of growing indifference to earlier life activities and became more duressed as asked questions my role in vietnam . I am currently rated 30% for combat ptsd...............................................I know this is long and wondering what kind of increase if any for ptsd, Thanks again Semper Fi

US Marine Corps

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Sorry bud, but the most important Statement in exam should be the Occupational and Social Impairment comment. Please post the whole exam or atleast that comment, for us to be able to give you an accurate guess.

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

The psychologist at the c&p x'd occupational and social impairment with reduced reliability and productivity. portion of the indicated level of occupational and social impairment is attributable to each diagnosis:he left his career, age 50 because of guilty and nightmares secondary to his experiences in Vietnam;it made his working role to demanding. I hope this give you more info and if I missed something let me know. thanks for your help.

US Marine Corps

• HadIt.com Elder

I would say you probably get an increase to maybe 60/70% but I don't think they will increase it to 100%!

now if this was your first claim for ptsd it very well could be rated at 100%but since you have been rated for it for the 30% combat ptsd...they will look more closely into your claim.

but you could be increased to the 100%rate lot of it depends on your rater moods.

jmo

Buck

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Besides the above a 100% PTSD rating places the veteran at risk of having the VA

declare the veteran incompetent to handle financial affairs, and place the veteran in the VA's "Fiduciary"

program, and appointing a VA approved Fiduciary, with all the complications and attached strings.

Edited by Chuck75

• HadIt.com Elder

If you cannot work solely due to your PTSD you should try for TDIU. The doctor has to say you are unable to work due to your SC condition and not just rephrase what you are saying to him. Claims are based on evidence. You can produce your own evidence via an IME. If I had relied on the VA exams I would still be at 30%.

John