VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can The Va Doctor Refuse To Fill Out Long Term Disability Forms From Insurance Company?

Rate this question

freedomisntfree

Question

The company I work for has given me paperwork from our insurance company for long term disability.

My service connected disabilities are the reason I had to quit working. The company I worked for filled out there section, I filled out my section and now the physician section needs to be filled out and I am playing hell to get the VA doctors to fill it out. My primary care provider filled his section out without any problems but the section the psychiatrist and neurologist are to fill out needs done but I am getting nowhere with it.

I was told they had to cooperate with the medical assessments. Is that true or can they decline to fill it out?

It is very important these are filled out by them or the long term disability will be denied. Anyone know if there is a directive that tells them to assist

• HadIt.com Elder

Required to or not, a real concern can be - - -

Do you want an unwilling VA doctor to fill out a report?

I'd likely see what would be involved in getting an IMO.

Many of the VA doctors still take the position that they don't fill out such documents.

When I check in for an appointment, my kiosk asks something real close to this question:

"Is this appointment for workmans comp (or other work injuries?"

YOu have to answer yes or no. Try going to VA and answering "yes" to that and see if they still give you an appointment. That should give you your answer.

I got VA to fill out Student Loan forgiveness papers, but Im gonna guess they will balk at anything to do with a work injury. Or at a minimum, they want to know that it is a work injury, which is gonna mean you wont get VA disability for it.

Either your injury was caused by military service OR work accident, but probably not both. (Of course it could be other causes also, but this is for simplification) Or, at least, you wont be able to collect both because one or the other was the Major cause.

You are not going to be able to claim your work disabled you, then get VA disability also for the same injury. That is my opinion.

Your doc may be doing you a favor by NOT filling out the workmans comp injury form because, then, he is saying this is a workmens comp injury, and you are not eligible for VA benefits.

My advice is you keep these seperate, and go to a workman comp doc (private doc) for workman comp/ workmans injury LTD issues. Dont "horn" youself trying to save a few bucks for a docs appointment by using VA for workman comp injury.

By the way, dont set your self up for a fall, either. If you try claiming with a private doc "this is from a work injury", and then go to the VA and say, "this was caused by the military", for the same injury, expect to lose both your workman comp and va disability when they find out the other one paid. I would never recommend that. In fact, I never recommend lying about anything. I want to sleep well and night and I dont want to worry about someone "finding out" about me.

This is the trouble with a life of crime. If you dont get caught it could be even worse. You would then answer to the ultimate judge for your crimes. There is a song, I believe is titled, "the Courtroom". The man goes to the ultimate judge, but he is represented by an attorney, Jesus Christ, who never ever lost a case. Anyone can get him to represent you, you just have to ask him to do so. No matter how bad the crime, sincerely asking him to be your lawyer, you win, every time. If you are sincere, however, about asking him to be your lawyer, you will give up your life of crime.

Edited by broncovet

• HadIt.com Elder

It could be that you never seen the VA MH Dr's??

if a Dr don't know your medical history they usually don't want to fill out a DBQ.

JMO

...............Buck

Thanks guys,

The condition is my PTSD. I have been treated for it for years with medications and counseling but it has been unsuccessful. I go to weekly treatment and my psychiatrist has noted the condition as severe. Next month I will check into the RRTP the live in treatment program. Hopefully this will help with my grief and guilt.

As far as work goes I have been with this company for several years and they are absolutely great. They new of my conditions when they hired me for training under the wounded warrior program. They have done there best to facilitate my disabilities. After several full blown panic attacks and them seeing me in constant pain they allowed me to work from home. That was great for about a year but all the meds I am on has my memory shot. Then I started missing important clauses in contract reviews and writing incorrect information because I could not concentrate or focus. At this point they slowed down sending me stuff to do but carried me on payroll. Now one of the owners came by my house to talk to me and ask if I was willing to go on LTD. He told me he checked with the insurance and they told him I definitely qualify. He didn't have to do this but I did good work for them and made them a very large sum of money up to the point my disabilities overcame me. Now I no longer work for them but they still cover me and my family on there group health insurance until January.

Since the VA has been providing me treatment for my PTSD and MH problems that is why I need them to fill out that portion. I don't see why they have not assisted because they are fully aware of my work problems and documented it. Even made statements to me and in my records I was not fit to work in stressful or environments that had potential to overwhelm me due to panic, anxiety and hallucinations that are associated with them for fear of harm to self or others.

I have made copies of all these notes and diagnosis for the insurance company but without the paperwork signed by them I am screwed.

Edited by freedomisntfree