Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TURN THE PAGE

Rate this topic

63SIERRA

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations 63SEIRRA

I'm Happy for you and your family  its always great news to hear a Veteran won, its been a long time coming

enjoy,

God Bless ya brother

.............Buck

Sierra, that's great news!  Congratulations on the win!  Thank you for your service to our great nation!

Mark

Buck, Mark, Georgia,, thanks very much,. !!!! Watching others get service connection for so long, wondering when my time would come, was quite the challenge. Many had come on the forum, after I did with new claims, and had success, and there I still sat, waiting, wondering, hoping.. but I never gave up hope, and decided to wait on the lord, and not the VA./

I would also like to say that listening to the had it radio shows, reading ASK,NODS book , and bouncing PMs back and forth were essential to my success.

The information is out there, you must be thirsty for that information, and how it pertains to your particular situation, because everyone has different problems.

If I had to make a cheat sheet to the path to success it would be as follows.

First find out exactly what your current problems are and have them updated to your problems list at the VA. You will likely have to go outside the VA to get honest, comprehensive evaluations.

second, reconcile the current problems against your in service ailments and injuries and any possible residuals that derive from them..

Third submit a claim with ADEQUATE evidence to win your claim. VA will always say it iisnt enough, hoping you will submit something that will make u screw yourself.

Organize your paperwork in a LARGE 3 ring binder with tabs.. some tabs could be.. Previous claims, civillian examinations, CP exams, va letters, ect.

Always send everything green card certified, and if you submit on line print the verification sheet. (it came in handy for me because they "" couldnt find it" .

Get familiar with your health problems, you would be surprised how ate up some doctors and CP examiners are.

When you submit evidence if you dont have the actual files, always give the va the place and a feasible date range that the procedure or treatment was performed, because evidently, getting off thier lazy asses and going look thru a file, is out of the question. I had several claims initially denied because they said the ilness was never diagnosed.. This is after they were told it was diagnosed in the VA hospital. No date range, no ice cream fat boy.!!!

Study 38 CFR regularly and try to find BVA cases that may be similar to yours. This came in very handy in my case, because the BVA cases I submitted, let the DRO know, that I had done my homework, knew abt the BVA, and was prepared to go AND WIN  there if need be..

When dealing with people in the VA mc  and VA ro,  try to be kind, but insistant..  Being very nice while being a pain in the ass is an art form.

Dont let the process consume you, take a road trip, go rockhounding, go organize the shed, whatever, but take breaks and dont let it eat you.

Dont let denials deter you. and last but certainly not least, ALWAYS REMEMBER THIS.''''''

THE CLAIM IS NEVER OVER, UNTIL YOU, THE VETERAN SAYS ITS OVER. IT CAN GO ALL THE WAY TO THE SUPREME COURT IF NEEDED, AND IF YOU LOSE THERE, YOU CAN ALWAYS REOPEN WITH NEW AND MATERIAL EVIDENCE, WHICH CAN BE JUST A DOCTORS OPINION!!!!

Very happy for you, 63- and good on ya for throwin some T's way! :smile:

ive been down many paths  and they all led to failure, until I found Had.it.   its the very least we can do when we win. my retro should hit the bank soon, and I will feel very good making a donation.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use