Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Erectyle Dysfunction Rating 0% -Get Higher %?

Rate this question

rootbeer22

Question

Folks:

I was earlier rated 0% for Hypertension and 0% for ED during the first part of my claim. Then last week after my Cardiac CP results (deferred claim) finally came in, I was finally rated 10% SC (low balled)  for Hypertensive Heart Disease which is a catch all for a lot of heart stuff? Anyway, can anyone tell me what it takes to get 10% of higher for Erectile Dysfunction?  I did get  SMC -K for loss of a creative organ so is that how VBA generally takes care of ED ratings? The other issue is that I was injured and in a Tank Accident which was service connected for my back which resulted in a spinal fusion/decompression surgery. However, I learned that  there's a scientific study that shows a high correlation to decompression surgery and ED. Also, I also take multiple HBP medicines to try and keep my HBP down...

Yup- ED is a 0% rating. Its a system not addressed in the ratings schedule so they shoehorned it in with a bunch of other stuff. SMC's are supposed to cover those situations, and 

-k is the one used for ED. 

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

Actually there is a possible rating under 7522, Erectile Dysfunction but requires "deformity and loss of erectile power"  you can search on the term and find several appeal references.  It rates at 20% if you qualify.

Green

Folks:

Thanks, I was curious because I have seen Vets get 10% for ED and wondered what it took to get that rating instead of 0% which seems more common?

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Here's a great BVA example awarding 20% for 7522 during 2015:

http://www.va.gov/vetapp14/Files3/1420519.txt

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

• HadIt.com Elder

Actually there is a possible rating under 7522, Erectile Dysfunction but requires "deformity and loss of erectile power"  you can search on the term and find several appeal references.  It rates at 20% if you qualify.

It's quite possible that SMC-K is of more benefit than 20%, assuming that there are other rated disabilities. If it became an either or situation, I would think that the VA would be, by law, obliged to use the most favorable to the veteran.  The % rating raises a question as to what constitutes "deformity", and what does not. One could say that ED automatically causes a deformity, since flaccidity under certain conditions causes an abnormal appearance. I fully realize that the VA's usual idea is different.