VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this topic

Thank you yes, i look forward to posting a redacted version of my C&P on here, especially seeing how i've had 26 jobs in the last nearly 15 years, been to college and dropped out twice, and have been homeless for a period of 3 years, yeah im smelling a rushed lowball in my opinion. but i will gladly share info. thanks for the words of encouragement, i have used ebenefits to do a Intent to File for September of this year, so i can fight my PTSD case with better footing and from within the VA health care system. 

Whoa, that was fast!! Just had the c&p yesterday and already rated, congratulations!  Which RO is your claim out of?  I was granted service connection for two conditions Aug 14, 2015, still waiting to be rated out of Winston Salem, I'll give it another sixty days or so, again congrats!!

from what i understand, my file was in St Louis Missouri. But while i was at the C&P Exam the Doc asked me if some town in Wisconsin sounded familiar, he said thats where my file was, but i think my case was reviewed in St Louis, sorry about you having to wait so long. Keep us posted here, feel free to hijack this thread when you get your results?

Thats what you would call a "fast track claim".  Heh first take a breather and relish the victory and get the needed treatment.  When the shock wears off take a look at how they lowballed you.  That can be fixed though.  As most of us have learned the hard part is getting service connected, and that is awesome, definitely something to celebrate.  You got through that hurdle and that deserves recognition.

When the celebration has calmed, start looking at your claim.  Well hell even before that, make sure you get familiar with your benefits and entitlements and the regulations and laws pertaining to your claim. Not taking away from your thunder, please don't take it that way.  But the VA claims section has a funny way of looking at claims, especially now with all the seriously bad press these last few years.

What you stated is a dead on bull's eye, the lowballed the heck out of that.  I'm no expert, but the job history alone in your post is what got my flags up. With that situation you should be rated higher according to the regs.  Your employability and difficulties in maintaining employment  is a good start to the fighting.  I would think unless they changed their regs or mistakenly gave you the shaft, NO MISTAKE, The claim as I see it says IU all over it but I am just a cantankerous, disgruntled Veteran that has a few bones to pick with decision makers. 

Make sure you meet the one year deadline for the NOD. Please don't miss that otherwise you are done with any possibility of getting fairly rated and possibly getting any retroactive compensation.   Make sure you get a copy of your C FILE, EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!, verify the credentials of the VA "expert" opinion.  

In my case they used a OB GYN to opine on my back, by the way, that is who they consider an expert to opine on a back claim, endocrine claim, digestive claim, and so on, I kid you not.

I hope this INTEL should get you started.  Again Congrats, 50% right out the gate.  Wow!  Please take care, get the medical care you need and get the free meds to help with your service connected conditions.

JMO

Thank you ArNG11, i am all over it. I have recently done a Intent to File for september of this year for my other issues, as i was being evaluated for the depression the Doc would not allow me to discuss my other issues, although i did state that my other issues often exacerbate my depression, i.e. PTSD, Anxiety, Panic Disorder and ADHD makes it a large convaluted mess. MyDAV rep and i talked and we agreed that we are going to appeal based on the employment issue and some other things. I have yet to see my actual C%P results. And obtaining my C-file is the next thing on my list. its a relief to qualify for all healthcare save Dental. Im going to keep my appointments with my civilian Psy and also take advantage of starting with the VA. Only sad thing really is that i lost my ability to appeal my PTSD with anger and depression upon being rated with Depression. But i have hope, and really this site has given me focus and direction on where i can go from here. I appreciate you all?

Edited by Inarticulate&Distorted
spelling. darn fat thumbs

from what i understand, my file was in St Louis Missouri. But while i was at the C&P Exam the Doc asked me if some town in Wisconsin sounded familiar, he said thats where my file was, but i think my case was reviewed in St Louis, sorry about you having to wait so long. Keep us posted here, feel free to hijack this thread when you get your results?

Thank you, Inarticulate, and once again congrats and good luck on fighting that lowballed rating!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use