Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TDIU

Rate this topic

saints13

As to the IU and a Voc Rehab Denial Letter. I was denied IU in 09/12, didn't have the Voc Rehab letter yet. Sent it in as N&M E  mid 2013. It didn't trigger the auto review by a Sr VA Rater, why I haven't a clue.

At my 6/29/14 DRO Hearing, the DRO specifically referred to the Voc Rehab Denial Letter as "Proof Positive" of my inability to work in any "SGI" producing employment including Sedentary work.

If your state has a 100% or IU Vet Property Tax exemption, take your Voc Rehab Denial Letter to your local Taxing authority, it works in MI as proof of Unemployability.

Semper Fi

R3Neck,

I was awarded in April 2014 after a lengthy battle.

Gastone,

Hopefully everything will go smoothly as yours did,

Thank you both for your time, help and support!!! Guess I will be submittting my FDC packet this weekend. 

Sending in a NOD for denial of TDIU but with a DRO review? Or just submit it as a NOD and see what path it takes?

GOD Bless Everybody!!!! and hope everyone has a great weekend. May everyone be healthy as possible, happy as possible and good fortune coming your ways!

• HadIt.com Elder

Supposedly, an NOD requires the VARO to review before certifying for the BVA.  It also should produce an SOC or SSOC explaining why the denial was made.

How the VA is treating NODs at this point is up for grabs, since it seems that a high percentage of recent denials are resulting in appeals, and the VA seems to be slow rolling appeals.

(Makes the claims numbers look better, don't you know!) Never mind that the number of appeals is extremely high. Besides the VA's numbers game, the end result is putting off paying valid claims for months or years! This gives the government an opportunity to save money over the short term, keeps VA employees busy enough to justify hiring more, and eventually results in paying claims with further depreciated dollars.  As usual, everybody wins but the disabled veterans.

Send in a NOD for denial of TDIU but with a DRO review? Or just submit it as a NOD and see what path it takes? Also should I put in the reason for TDIU for bilateral knees or PTSD? Both or just one of them, cause new regulations state any new TDIU claim is automatically looked at as in an request for increase. Or is the NOD just stating I disagree with the denial of TDIU and be grandfathered into the old regulation not requesting a reason for TDIU claim?

thank you for your time, help and support. Have all information reading just want to make sure before I hit the FDC button. I also kept my NOD very short and sweet and let all the letters speak for themselves and hopefully get a DRO review which from seeing in posts you have a better chance just like I did with my SSDI claim.

One last question. Should I submit just a plain Nod requesting a DRO review and just show up with all my evidence or should it be all submitted? Seems like playing a poker game, don't want to show my whole hand just so it gives them time to gather evidence to dispute or deny.

Honestly don't care about backpay just what I deserve. I have asked God for direction and seems I have to submit it for anything to be done on it. Weither approved or not that is God's will as he is the only higher power and ultimate authority.

May God Bless everyone!!!!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use