Approved

Rate this question

triman8654

Question

• Founder

congratulations

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

I just got a letter from the ODAR office to my senator saying they are pleased to inform him tha a favorable decision has been made in my case. From the day I got my senator involed things seemed to have moved at light speed. So fast infact I am still waiting for SSA to send ME the decision. I gave up 28 months of back pay so as for a big check, not so much. But I am grateful and blessed. Now how long till I get some loot????

Congrats, but what do you mean you gave up 28 months of back pay? As long as there is proof of when claim filed and when disabled then you should get all of the back pay. I was approved for VA and SSDI so fast that there was no back pay in my case.

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

Thanks Navy04, My last date of work was Dec 6, 2012. I was let go because I was caught taking extra breaks due to pain. Of course as a Union sheet metal worker, They frown on paying $55p/hr to someone who needs to sit down from time to time. So I was let go so they said due to lack of work so with out income I needed to collect unemployment which ran out in April 2014. So my first denial was in June 2015, I got my congressman and Senator involved and begged my VA PCP to fill out the disability questionnaire and he did in Aug 2015 which is my new onset date. The ALJ made the offer and I just took it even thou my disabilities  were acting up long before. So add 5 months to that and I will only get paid from Jan 2016. But I am so grateful as are my 3 young kids. Thanks again  

Edited by lcplcookba1