Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Concerend Question?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I fell in the shower last week...my arm started to swell up at the elbow down to my hand,,it was painful but I didn't think I broke anything  so wife wanted me to go to VA get it checked...I did they x ray it  nothing was broke but said I has cutlive bone spurs in my elbow caused by blunt truma to the elbow  which I hit my elbow on  the soap caddy hanging on the shower head.

ok they sent me home wrap up in a bandages  and said to take  800 Ibprophen mg for inflammation and swelling of the joints.

and to come back in a week if not better..its not better  but a week will be this Tuesday.

Here is my question, I was looking at my healthyvet notes last night and the RN I seen for this had put down he  ask me if I had any of these symptoms he I  said no to all these question's.

Do you have trouble sleeping...no....which I do I use a VA C-Pap...OSA

Does your urine smell bad no...which it does   having prostate problems with a swelled prostate  take meds for it

Do you  get dizzy at times...no...>which I do at times

Do you have problems thinking/concentrating  remembering things no.....>which I do a lot

Do you have night mares  no...>which I do due to flashbacks cause by PTSD dx by VA

Do you have thoughts of suicide  no...,>which I have many times

and about 4 0r 5 more questions related to MH type questions

He never ask me any of those questions and now its in my VA Notes.

I thought something was ''fishy''about that because they all know I have a claim in for PTSD.

This RN is my PCP Nurse....but however my PCP mention to me she has nothing to do with my MH Dr's  she said they  do my MH & PTSD and prescribe my meds for it.

All he did was a Temp & BP Test & oximeter on my finger.  wrapped my elbow with bandages.

No questions was ask other wise.

This pisses me off because I have a new claim in for PTSD(gathering evidence phase)  And I never was ask any of these questions  he only ask me about my arm and what happen   had me to go get it X-RAY..&  He wrap my elbow told me to take the ibuprofen &come back within a week if not better.

I Probably will have to go back up there and see him Tuesday  should I take copies of his notes and show him and ask why he lied like that? or just go straight to the Hospital Director?

............Thanks 

.........................................Buck

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

Thank you reskitch

On 1/1/2016 at 10:54 AM, Buck52 said:
On 1/1/2016 at 10:54 AM, Buck52 said:

Someone mention that we could look at service records on the bluebutton /myhealthyvet, but mention that  I may not have my records on my healthyver from my vietnam days because its been to long....I was wondering what they do with those records if St Louis don't have them,?

Your local VARO has them.

a lady at StLouis  had me to contact Ft Knox Kentucky and gave me a phone number to call, I called it the ask the guy about my service records  he ask for my SS# an when he check he said nothing came up on me   it maybe because its been to long  and he referred me back to St Louis

The lady at StLouis said that's where all the records go before St Louis Gets them and some records may have been left behind at Ft Knox.

Keep pinging them, BUT for only ONE ITEM at a time.  They don't multi-task well and if your request "looks" too complex to accomplish quickly, you will just get the generic "...No, we don't have anything..."

Guess I'll just have to call the president and ask him if he can get my service records from my vietnam days eh!

Me too, Vietnam, Navy 1972-1976

what the heck does a veteran do if he can't get all his service records? who do I contact to ask that question?

I wrote my Senator and Congressman, along with the Secretary of the VA in DC.  More than once each!  Hold off on writing the President UNTIL you can attach all of those letters/emails to those below him first!  Otherwise it will just get kicked down to them without comment.

I requested my c-file before I started my claim about 2 months prior  hoping to get a jump on the VA before they get there measly hands on it.  no luck so for,  I called the 1-800   and they said my c-file is showing to need one more signature before they send it to me  tha'ts been over a month ago.

It took me a full year to get my C-File.  BTW, once you request your C-File, the VARO will remove ALL records from the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC).  YES, I said "remove" them.  The VARO justifies this "...in order to digitize them..." into your C-File.  And the VARO will NEVER return those records to the NPRC, NEVER! They will now keep them in perpetuity.  IMO, if you did NOT ask the NPRC for your military records PRIOR to filing a claim, you stand a very large chance of:

• NOT getting a complete record
  • WAITING a very long time to get your C-File (complete?) record
  • Receiving a VERY POOR copy of your C-File that is often degraded to the point of NOT being readable.  Case in point; My Houston VARO did just that, digitized all of my original military records and THEN turned around and printed a hard-copy of my ~1400page C-File to send to my lawyer, who then had to RE-SCAN those second(3rd? 4th) grade copies back into digital form to send to me.  So NOW I have degraded copies (compared to VA) to try and read/enhance/translate/transcribe in order to mount my case/claim on.

Who could I call to help and not lie to me or put me off?

Sorry, but at this time you are SOL and at the mercy of your local VARO.  As I said above, my C-File took a year to get, and that was WITH the assistance of my lawyer pinging them.

anybody know?

.....................Frustrated Buck

SEE ABOVE in BLUE

Edited by HorizontalMike

• HadIt.com Elder

Thank youHorizontalMike

sorry for the late response just now seen this...I got to get use to this new format.

...Buck