Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Concerend Question?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I fell in the shower last week...my arm started to swell up at the elbow down to my hand,,it was painful but I didn't think I broke anything  so wife wanted me to go to VA get it checked...I did they x ray it  nothing was broke but said I has cutlive bone spurs in my elbow caused by blunt truma to the elbow  which I hit my elbow on  the soap caddy hanging on the shower head.

ok they sent me home wrap up in a bandages  and said to take  800 Ibprophen mg for inflammation and swelling of the joints.

and to come back in a week if not better..its not better  but a week will be this Tuesday.

Here is my question, I was looking at my healthyvet notes last night and the RN I seen for this had put down he  ask me if I had any of these symptoms he I  said no to all these question's.

Do you have trouble sleeping...no....which I do I use a VA C-Pap...OSA

Does your urine smell bad no...which it does   having prostate problems with a swelled prostate  take meds for it

Do you  get dizzy at times...no...>which I do at times

Do you have problems thinking/concentrating  remembering things no.....>which I do a lot

Do you have night mares  no...>which I do due to flashbacks cause by PTSD dx by VA

Do you have thoughts of suicide  no...,>which I have many times

and about 4 0r 5 more questions related to MH type questions

He never ask me any of those questions and now its in my VA Notes.

I thought something was ''fishy''about that because they all know I have a claim in for PTSD.

This RN is my PCP Nurse....but however my PCP mention to me she has nothing to do with my MH Dr's  she said they  do my MH & PTSD and prescribe my meds for it.

All he did was a Temp & BP Test & oximeter on my finger.  wrapped my elbow with bandages.

No questions was ask other wise.

This pisses me off because I have a new claim in for PTSD(gathering evidence phase)  And I never was ask any of these questions  he only ask me about my arm and what happen   had me to go get it X-RAY..&  He wrap my elbow told me to take the ibuprofen &come back within a week if not better.

I Probably will have to go back up there and see him Tuesday  should I take copies of his notes and show him and ask why he lied like that? or just go straight to the Hospital Director?

............Thanks 

.........................................Buck

Edited by Buck52

No wonder the VA denies most claims, the staff is busy filling up your VA treatment records with contradictory statements!  Nothing like a knife in the back from the people that want you to trust them with your life.

• HadIt.com Elder

reskitch

They didn't drain it  said might cause infection and the fluid would eventually go down on its own, just  keep it wrapped and be-careful not to bang it around..something like this they really can't do much for it.

The RN said to come back in 2 weeks this time and he would re-X-ray agian and give me a antibiotic or steroid injection...but said it was better it heal on its own.

RN referred me to prosthesis  and  I got a arm sleeve to wear and hold compression and a  thick arm elbow pad to wear at night for sleep.

..................Buck

It's nice to hear the '5 P's' once again, Broncovet...! Back in the Navy days we used the 7 P's - 'Proper prior preparation prevents piss poor performance.' It's been so long since I've heard one use such motivational tools. Bravo Zulu, Broncovet

............rwskitch

Buck, I'm glad you were able to get those records corrected, good for you! That happens to me all the time as well, especially at Rhuematology and Dermatology clinics. I cross out what was printed on my records when I send in evidence, and highlight that"i was never asked these questions, and do suffer from these symptoms as well", i then cut and paste records showing complaints and treatment for whatever the doc/nurse said i answered no to. It seems to work so far, but you took a much smarter and more effective route. Broncovet, thank you for the great advice, and i hope you are successful on all of your claims, Happy New Year to everyone on Hadit!!

reading over the regs...the current cprs system is supposed to prevent MD's from deleting an changing data already imput into the system

I'm curious to find out exactly how the record is corrected Buck...can you keep us appraised on this issue?

Thx

...I know them can do addendums on the record after the fact...what I would like to know is if you see the info disappear from the bluebutton reports...

Edited by pwrslm

• HadIt.com Elder

yes I sure will pwrslm...fixing to go check it on myhealthvet!

.................Buck