Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Concerend Question?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I fell in the shower last week...my arm started to swell up at the elbow down to my hand,,it was painful but I didn't think I broke anything  so wife wanted me to go to VA get it checked...I did they x ray it  nothing was broke but said I has cutlive bone spurs in my elbow caused by blunt truma to the elbow  which I hit my elbow on  the soap caddy hanging on the shower head.

ok they sent me home wrap up in a bandages  and said to take  800 Ibprophen mg for inflammation and swelling of the joints.

and to come back in a week if not better..its not better  but a week will be this Tuesday.

Here is my question, I was looking at my healthyvet notes last night and the RN I seen for this had put down he  ask me if I had any of these symptoms he I  said no to all these question's.

Do you have trouble sleeping...no....which I do I use a VA C-Pap...OSA

Does your urine smell bad no...which it does   having prostate problems with a swelled prostate  take meds for it

Do you  get dizzy at times...no...>which I do at times

Do you have problems thinking/concentrating  remembering things no.....>which I do a lot

Do you have night mares  no...>which I do due to flashbacks cause by PTSD dx by VA

Do you have thoughts of suicide  no...,>which I have many times

and about 4 0r 5 more questions related to MH type questions

He never ask me any of those questions and now its in my VA Notes.

I thought something was ''fishy''about that because they all know I have a claim in for PTSD.

This RN is my PCP Nurse....but however my PCP mention to me she has nothing to do with my MH Dr's  she said they  do my MH & PTSD and prescribe my meds for it.

All he did was a Temp & BP Test & oximeter on my finger.  wrapped my elbow with bandages.

No questions was ask other wise.

This pisses me off because I have a new claim in for PTSD(gathering evidence phase)  And I never was ask any of these questions  he only ask me about my arm and what happen   had me to go get it X-RAY..&  He wrap my elbow told me to take the ibuprofen &come back within a week if not better.

I Probably will have to go back up there and see him Tuesday  should I take copies of his notes and show him and ask why he lied like that? or just go straight to the Hospital Director?

............Thanks 

.........................................Buck

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

sorry  I guess e-benefits is  down  no log in box  just says an error as occurred try logging in later...tried 3 times to log in   no  luck    guess a normal day at the VA!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Someone mention that we could look at service records on the bluebutton /myhealthyvet, but mention that  I may not have my records on my healthyver from my vietnam days because its been to long....I was wondering what they do with those records if St Louis don't have them,?

a lady at StLouis  had me to contact Ft Knox Kentucky and gave me a phone number to call, I called it the ask the guy about my service records  he ask for my SS# an when he check he said nothing came up on me   it maybe because its been to long  and he referred me back to St Louis

The lady at StLouis said that's where all the records go before St Louis Gets them and some records may have been left behind at Ft Knox.

Guess I'll just have to call the president and ask him if he can get my service records from my vietnam days eh!

what the heck does a veteran do if he can't get all his service records? who do I contact to ask that question?

I requested my c-file before I started my claim about 2 months prior  hoping to get a jump on the VA before they get there measly hands on it.  no luck so for,  I called the 1-800   and they said my c-file is showing to need one more signature before they send it to me  tha'ts been over a month ago.

Who could I call to help and not lie to me or put me off?

anybody know?

.....................Frustrated Buck

• HadIt.com Elder

pwrslm

Just got into e-benefits

The PCP's RN Did put up a change in my Medical Notes

*** NUR PACT NOTE has a ADDENDA***

and corrected the medical notes and wrote only about my visit pertaining to my elbow injury what was done and basically did what I ask of him.

so things are good.

I might add the notes he put in there the first time before he made the addenda are still in the notes... they can not take out anything in your notes but they can correct it. so basically they can't use that part against you.

Edited by Buck52

reskitch

They didn't drain it  said might cause infection and the fluid would eventually go down on its own, just  keep it wrapped and be-careful not to bang it around..something like this they really can't do much for it.

The RN said to come back in 2 weeks this time and he would re-X-ray agian and give me a antibiotic or steroid injection...but said it was better it heal on its own.

RN referred me to prosthesis  and  I got a arm sleeve to wear and hold compression and a  thick arm elbow pad to wear at night for sleep.

..................Buck

You have to keep an eye on the way your elbow joint works after your injury Buck, many yrs. back I had the 'egger' on my elbow after an injury. After the swelling went down and it healed with time I noticed that I experienced a 'grinding'  painful feeling in my elbow joint, they ignored it, sickbay, and after some time it would painfully 'pop' out when I tried to flex my arm straight, not literally but it 'popped' when I tried to straighten it, time went by until I had to get operated on my elbow for said malfunctions stated above and they missed removing all the bone/cartillage particles the first time around, time pasted and the condition worsened and they had to operate again, and after finding all those bone particles they've missed the first time around, I ended up w/OsteoChronditis of the right elbow w/o full extension of my arm. Be sure to be 'on watch' for anything out of the ordinary on your elbows performance. The surgeon had to flush out all the bone/cartillage particles during the second operation to try to fix their first 'screwup'and the problem still exists...!

• HadIt.com Elder

Okay 

I am little worried about the fluid in my elbow  looks like an egg or small lemon...the fluid is still there.

I keep an ice pack on it and take the meds they said to take and keep it in the compression sleeve  but so for no change?

this is going on 3 weeks now from today.

..............Buck

Hey Buck,

Not sure if this might help but have you tired looking with the national archives?

https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/

When only key documents and extracts are provided from the Official Military Personnel File and the Medical Record, the response package contains a copy of all separation documents and all of the following information if it is in the file:

• Military Services Dates
  • Character of Service
  • Promotions and Reductions
  • Duty Stations and Assignments
  • Foreign or Sea Service
  • Military Schooling and Training
  • Awards and Letters of Commendation
  • Disciplinary Actions
  • Lost Time
  • Enlistments Contracts
  • Entry and Separation Physical Exams
  • Immunizations
  • Dental Examinations
  • Clinical Summaries/Cover Sheets

Maybe this can help or provide something that you may or may not have.

- C