Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Concerend Question?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I fell in the shower last week...my arm started to swell up at the elbow down to my hand,,it was painful but I didn't think I broke anything  so wife wanted me to go to VA get it checked...I did they x ray it  nothing was broke but said I has cutlive bone spurs in my elbow caused by blunt truma to the elbow  which I hit my elbow on  the soap caddy hanging on the shower head.

ok they sent me home wrap up in a bandages  and said to take  800 Ibprophen mg for inflammation and swelling of the joints.

and to come back in a week if not better..its not better  but a week will be this Tuesday.

Here is my question, I was looking at my healthyvet notes last night and the RN I seen for this had put down he  ask me if I had any of these symptoms he I  said no to all these question's.

Do you have trouble sleeping...no....which I do I use a VA C-Pap...OSA

Does your urine smell bad no...which it does   having prostate problems with a swelled prostate  take meds for it

Do you  get dizzy at times...no...>which I do at times

Do you have problems thinking/concentrating  remembering things no.....>which I do a lot

Do you have night mares  no...>which I do due to flashbacks cause by PTSD dx by VA

Do you have thoughts of suicide  no...,>which I have many times

and about 4 0r 5 more questions related to MH type questions

He never ask me any of those questions and now its in my VA Notes.

I thought something was ''fishy''about that because they all know I have a claim in for PTSD.

This RN is my PCP Nurse....but however my PCP mention to me she has nothing to do with my MH Dr's  she said they  do my MH & PTSD and prescribe my meds for it.

All he did was a Temp & BP Test & oximeter on my finger.  wrapped my elbow with bandages.

No questions was ask other wise.

This pisses me off because I have a new claim in for PTSD(gathering evidence phase)  And I never was ask any of these questions  he only ask me about my arm and what happen   had me to go get it X-RAY..&  He wrap my elbow told me to take the ibuprofen &come back within a week if not better.

I Probably will have to go back up there and see him Tuesday  should I take copies of his notes and show him and ask why he lied like that? or just go straight to the Hospital Director?

............Thanks 

.........................................Buck

Edited by Buck52

CHerv08, sounds good  to me, great suggestion...! And hey Buck, did they drain your elbow or state that the fluid helps everything heal w/in the joint at issue???

I OPENLY RECORD.  I used to just keep the recorder in my pocket, out of sight.  I no longer hide the fact that I RECORD.  There are studies, I think the VA's own, that show when doctors know they(the doctor) "may" be recorded then they provide better patient care.  BTW, my State is single-party approval for recording.

http://www.disabledveterans.org/2015/03/06/secret-recording-program-nationwide-va-medical-care-centers/

• HadIt.com Elder

Well I owe broncovet one  .....>Thanks broncovet

Today 12-29th -15 I went back to my VAMC because the RN that treated me ask me to come back in within a week if my arm never got better and the swelling was still there..its still here..anyway I seen that same RN and I let him examine me an he got with the Dr and they concurred I had Bursitis cause by blunt trama to my elbow  they he called it tennis elbow also.

Anyway  when he finished with me ask me if I had any other issues or problems I said yes I do matter fact, He said whats that?

I ask him if he remember last Tuesday when I came in for my elbow injury  he said Yeah I remember..then I ask him if we discussed any other medical issue other than my injured elbow  he  said No...

Then I pulled out my copies from my healthvet Notes and ask him why did he write these things  and put it in my medical records?...he looked with raised eyebrows...Hmmm  he said   then I said yes sir hummm...I showed him the things he put/wrote down in my medical notes that were not true  that you never discused any of those medical contentions with me  and  that I denied all of them..I said most of those questions was true and I never denied any of those you wrote down... My MH  Dr can dispute you on all of these things.

He then said he will make an amend to those questions  and he did and he said'' well were not perfect and if I make a mistake I'll be the first to admit it..

I did show him a copy of the CFR's1.579 (a)1 &3     Authority 552 U.S.C. (a) (d) (2)

Thanks to elder member broncovet for posting those Regs......I pdf  his post and made copies and copies of myhealthvet  that this RN Wrote about me...he changed them  and I'll see them Friday when there in myhealthtvet.

The RN did say I hope no complaints will be filed? I said no they won't  its all good now& gave him a thumbs -up.

Thanks. Again broncovet

......................................................Buck

Buck I am glad you got this resolved, however, it's BS that you even have to take those steps. I do feel bad even if just briefly for the situation and environment that is created by the VA, but there is a moral and ethical obligation that I believe all medical professionals should abide by. The VA's philosophy certainly isn't it.  Wow.  Heh regardless good for you.  Just keep your eyes peeled and hopefully they won't pull that crap again.

Thank YOU BUCK.  Its nice to be appreciated.  

Knowledge is power.  I am confident about a BVA decision I expect to get in the next month.  I did my homework and found 6 doctors who had opined that I was/am unemployable.  They are gonna have to award IU.  I just dont know the effective date.  But, if they do at at any date other than 2002, I will appeal the date.  Its about the 5 P's.  Proper Preperation Prevents Poor Performance.  I prepared my appeal well..I got my cfile, I read it, and studied the decisons and case law.  Im still ready for an appeal to the CAVC, with an attorney already lined up.  This will be my 3rd trip to the BVA with no less than 19 RO decisions in 13 years.  I dont expect it to completely end with this BVA decision, but rather to drag on another 5 years or more.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Good Luck bronco

I hope you get what you ask for and more retro than you expected..you deserve it buddy

Just hang in there