Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disappearing claims?

Rate this question

DevilDog12

Question

Last week I had an appeal/NOD disappear from pending disabilities section.  Neither Peggy nor EBenefits support knows why, which I find odd.  I have 2 new claims also that were still showing after NOD claim disappeared.  Now today, they have all disappeared from the Pending disabilities section under disabilities.  The NOD was in Gathering of Evidence phase.  Nothing changed on Benefit Verification letter.  What's going on with EBenefits?  This happen to anyone else?

Yes.  Its a favorite VA delay trick.  You need to get to the bottom of it, as VA will try to delay it until you die, if you let them get away with it.  I would send an IRIS email, "What is the status of my claim of xxx  submitted on July 3, 2008, which has disappeared from ebenenefits?  I did not withdraw or abandon said claim"   signed, Ima Vet.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Claim Info seems to be going to a bare bones status in EBennies. I looked today, and only various really basic information containing a date and a very brief almost not useful

phrase was present, instead of the previous level of detail.  This happened before, and the only way then to get more detail was to start a new electronic claim.

• HadIt.com Elder

Do What broncovet Mention  Above ASAP.

Unless you submitted a ''New Claim?  then they take your current claims and add the new claim  and it prolongs a decision...but that don't explain why they are not showing up  even with a new claim.?

.............Buck

Edited by Buck52

Hey DevilDog, Take a deep breath and try to relax a little.  I think I saw a post of yours that asked this question and got a reply back that VA is most likely working on your appeal that is why it is missing and you can't get the current status of it.  I may be wrong but I thought I saw/seen this before.   If you go to Ebenefits and look under I think disabilities, it should say that you have 1 appeal pending and it might even show you the date that VA got your NOD but when you click to see the status it just shows "CLAIM DETAILS" and nothing else. Keep in mind that as long as you can prove that VA received your NOD than your claim is still pending and it is either a glitch or something else going on with EBenefits.  Also don't stress out over EBenefits, claims are known to move back and forward from time to time.  It all depends if your new claims are related to your appealed claim then that could throw a wrench in your time frame to be completed.

Jez, if you guys/gals believe anything you see or read on eBennies, you need to start smoking a different flavor of tobacco. It's usually credible about two months after you win/lose. But not always. Ebennies should always begin with "Once upon a time in a small RO near the King's castle..."