Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal just Beginning

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

Administrative Case Processing

Your appeal is at the Board. While preparing to decide your appeal, various administrative actions may be required, and your appeal may fall into this category more than once. Your appeal will proceed towards decision upon completion of any of the administrative tasks required. Received 12/29/2015 Hearing Date/Time: 10/15/2015 12:00 AM which was my DRO DE Novo. This Is what my NOD was filed for I have no more evidence to submit everything was submitted to the DRO. Where she said she couldn't grant it at the RO but helped me with my attorney file my NOD for the board. 

I have read the horror stories of the lengths of time and Mr. Ebert in several emails said it a long road but stay hopeful with the improvements that time will be cut down. I do not have docket number yet I am waiting for it to be assigned. I know mines very complicated but I have nothing left to submit juts awaiting a hearing. I wanted to know is 1000-1200 days about an average guessimate for where my claim is headed to?

That sounds realistic, according to numbers I have seen from the BVA chairmans report.  You can look for yourself, if you like.  You MIGHT be less than 3 years because you are apparently through the VARO's 2 year wait to even get to BVA.  I will guess 2-3 years, with one year minimum.  If your VSO "sits" on your claim a year (that is usual for them) then 2-3 years.  If you can roust up the VSO to hurry your claim in "mere months or weeks", then you may be as little as a year.  One year is the "hope" time, but 2 to 3 years is more realistic.  You can start complaining in about a year.  

Edited by broncovet

I had a DRO decision about 2 months ago and my attorney filed my form 9. I just got a letter from 12/29 saying its on the docket list awaiting my turn. I have nothing more to submit since I submitted everything to the DRO but she said I have to appeal it since she cant grant it at the RO. Ted Ebert said the same thing in an email to me saying he's sorry but I will have to send my claim to DC. So Ill hurry up and wait.

img024.jpg

Edited by jfrei
#mail

Thanks, 1st time I ever saw the copy of the "90 Day" submission of N & M Evidence Letter. After reading the Chri Attig interview with a BVA Judge, I'd have to say the "90 day or Decision First," qualifier is a Pipe Dream.

Let us know how the Boards 800 # for requesting your Appeal  status works out. Whats your Attorney have to say?

Semper Fi

Jfrei,

Glad to see that maybe your Appeal will start moving, but it really is hard to say about the timeline. I have seen that the Less Conditions and complication of the appeal, they seem to move faster. Good luck and keep us posted. May you have a Success by the end of 2016!!!

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

Does this mean I have a docket number or still awaiting to be assigned ? I know mine is anything but easy but not complicated but have spoken with Mrs. Hickey and Mr. Ebert about my claim several times. At one point Mrs. Hickey sped up the DRO process and my hearing was scheduled two weeks later. I do not know if it still moves any quicker with her inquiry or if that was just for the DRO process. The new evidence that I submitted was the day the DRO was writing her final decision so it was never seen by General Counsel where she had to ask a question on my claim, which is why she denied it but nothing they said was precident. But she guided me and my attorney on filing my form 9.

img024.jpg

Edited by jfrei