Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Confused??

Rate this question

rwoods04

Question

Rwoods,

That's a tough question that I don't have a solid answer for. 

I have had claims that I filed as one thing and the V.A. changed my claim to something else based on the C&P results without me asking them to do it.

In the long run I do think it would be better to have a rating for PTSD. In the short term if its likely to put some money in your pocket then I might run with what your given. You can always file a claim for PTSD later. I believe that Depressive disorder and PTSD will get put into a PTSD rating WITH depression. I don't believe you can have both rated separately. 

Just my opinion and I hope it helps somewhat.

Edited by DocC03

Have you obtained a copy of the PTSD C & P DBQ? Really need to know what the Psychiatrist/Psycologist Phd had to say regarding your MH DX as related to active duty service.

If you have the DBQ, Redact  and post it, would be a big help.

Semper Fi

Just looked back, you said your claim is in the appeals stage? Have you received the VA Denial Letter?

When exactly was your PTSD C & P?

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

I think they do rate it separate  but PTSD and Depression are both rated under mental disorders  but PTSD is a stand alone rating   were as to many depressive Disorders are shown to be different  if you have a lot of depression symtoms along with PTSD systoms  they usuall rate it PTSD if the systoms show more on the PTSD side   so to speak.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Buck, 

That's a new one to me being able to be rated for 2 mental health disorders. But I know with your experience that your statement is probably pretty accurate. The last 10 years I have operated under the premise that you can only have 1 MH rating. I guess I'm going to need to revisit my thought process and get myself squared away.