Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Confused??

Rate this question

rwoods04

Question

PTSD, MDD, Bipolar, etc, are all rated on symptoms, once service connected.    The Veteran "should" not have to worry about whether he applied for PTSD and got rated for depression, or vice versa.  However, the VA often acts contrary to VA case law, and denies anyway.  

According to the quote by the Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court, Roberts, he was startled that VA takes a position against the Vet that is substantially unjustified about 60% of the time.  

https://www.veteranslawblog.org/veterans-benefits-chief-justice-startled-by-government-errors-in-veterans-cases/

In other words, if VA is fighting you for your benefits, there is a 60 percent chance they are all wet.

Here is another version in case you can not read Chris Attig's version:

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/02/25/chief-justice-startled-by-gov-errors-in-veterans-cases/  

Edited by broncovet

broncovet and Buck52 I tried to go in there a modify my claim but it would not let me, since it's in the appeals stage.  The C&P notes listed that I do not have PTSD but other symptoms. I just wish they would of told me that you can claim other mental condition besides PTSD because I would of.   I guess I just wait and see what happen.  Thanks.

You won't be the 1st Vet to get another type of MH SC based on the PTSD C & P. As long as the Psychiatist links it to Active Duty, should be good to go for say a 30 or 50%, maybe. You never know how the Rater or DRO will come down Decision wise.

Are you currently getting MH treatment from your VMC? What does your treating Dr have to say as to DX and possible etiology?

Semper Fi