Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

TALON II FE

Question

I am unfamiliar with SSDI.  I have an attorney, so I am not drawn into the bureaucracy like with the VA.  They submitted my claim and put together the required documents, including my 2k page service records.  I am currently 44.  I just did a few questionnaires sent to me directly from SS.  They almost seemed like they were in lieu of an exam.  Is this possible?  I have not seen any SS Doctor's or received any requests to do so.  I am a 100% scheduler, but too young for P&T, I guess.  What can I expect next?

Here is a list of my rated disabilities (many are lowballed, a few are completely missing, awaiting C-File):

70% post-traumatic stress disorder (also claimed as adjustment disorder)

10% varicose veins, right lower extremity (also claimed as venous reflux disease) 10%

10% degenerative arthritis of the spine to include lumbago, lumbar spondylosis and myofascial pain syndrome (claimed as lumbar bulging disc l4-l5)

50% sinusitis (claimed as chronic pansinusitis)

20% carpal tunnel syndrome, right upper extremity to include lower radicular group and cubital tunnel syndrome post excision of arteriovenous malformation (also claimed as peripheral nerve injury shoulder, neuritis median nerve right arm)

0% carpal metacarpal arthritis, right hand (claimed as osteoarthritis right hand)  

0% vasomotor rhinitis (also claimed as nasal polyps)

30% headache syndrome to include occipital neuralgia (claimed as migraine headaches and occipital nerve impingement)

20% status post cervical vertebral fusion C4-C6 to include myofascial pain syndrome (claimed as herniated disc (c5-c6) left, cervical spondylosis)  

0% radiculopathy, left upper extremity 

0% lliotibial band friction syndrome, right thigh

0% ganglion cyst, left wrist (claimed as ganglion left/right wrist)

0% meralgia paresthetica, right lower extremity  

10% seborrheic dermatitis 10% Service Connected 

50% obstructive sleep apnea   

10% left peroneal neuropathy (claimed as deep peroneal nerve atrophy)

10% varicose veins, left lower extremity (also claimed as venous reflux disease)

3 minutes ago, TALON II FE said:

I am unfamiliar with SSDI.  I have an attorney, so I am not drawn into the bureaucracy like with the VA.  They submitted my claim and put together the required documents, including my 2k page service records.  I am currently 44.  I just did a few questionnaires sent to me directly from SS.  They almost seemed like they were in lieu of an exam.  Is this possible?  I have not seen any SS Doctor's or received any requests to do so.  I am a 100% scheduler, but too young for P&T, I guess.  What can I expect next?

Here is a list of my rated disabilities (many are lowballed, a few are completely missing, awaiting C-File):

70% post-traumatic stress disorder (also claimed as adjustment disorder)

10% varicose veins, right lower extremity (also claimed as venous reflux disease) 10%

10% degenerative arthritis of the spine to include lumbago, lumbar spondylosis and myofascial pain syndrome (claimed as lumbar bulging disc l4-l5)

50% sinusitis (claimed as chronic pansinusitis)

20% carpal tunnel syndrome, right upper extremity to include lower radicular group and cubital tunnel syndrome post excision of arteriovenous malformation (also claimed as peripheral nerve injury shoulder, neuritis median nerve right arm)

0% carpal metacarpal arthritis, right hand (claimed as osteoarthritis right hand)  

0% vasomotor rhinitis (also claimed as nasal polyps)

30% headache syndrome to include occipital neuralgia (claimed as migraine headaches and occipital nerve impingement)

20% status post cervical vertebral fusion C4-C6 to include myofascial pain syndrome (claimed as herniated disc (c5-c6) left, cervical spondylosis)  

0% radiculopathy, left upper extremity 

0% lliotibial band friction syndrome, right thigh

0% ganglion cyst, left wrist (claimed as ganglion left/right wrist)

0% meralgia paresthetica, right lower extremity  

10% seborrheic dermatitis 10% Service Connected 

50% obstructive sleep apnea   

10% left peroneal neuropathy (claimed as deep peroneal nerve atrophy)

10% varicose veins, left lower extremity (also claimed as venous reflux disease)

Where are you?  In a really good position.  You're never to young for P&T.  The SSA can make a decision regarding SSDI solely on your VAMC records.  The SSA questionaire could be the only forms.  They require you to fill out.  Before making a determination on your SSDI.  If your an OIF,OEF, and etc Veteran the SSA can expedite your SSDI.  The wait period is at least six months.  However, you could know if your going to receive it sooner than the six months.  JMO

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Hey Talon,
If you are 100% P&T, the SSDI is supposed to put your claim on the fast track.

7 minutes ago, Vync said:

Hey Talon,
If you are 100% P&T, the SSDI is supposed to put your claim on the fast track.

I am 100% scheduler, Total but not awarded Permanent yet, I guess they don't want to pay for my kids in college.  When I get my c-file, I am Cueing and NODing many of the items which may inspire them to give me Permanent status.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
Just now, TALON II FE said:

I am 100% scheduler, Total but not awarded Permanent yet, I guess they don't want to pay for my kids in college.  When I get my c-file, I am Cueing and NODing many of the items which may inspire them to give me Permanent status.

Is your effective date for 100% schedular more than 5 years old yet?

If you can get a doc to opine that your conditions are not expected to improve, that could help with the P&T part.

Of course, if the doc also opined that you are unable to be gainfully employed, that can help with both P&T and SSDI.

13 minutes ago, MPsgt said:

Where are you?  In a really good position.  You're never to young for P&T.  The SSA can make a decision regarding SSDI solely on your VAMC records.  The SSA questionaire could be the only forms.  They require you to fill out.  Before making a determination on your SSDI.  If your an OIF,OEF, and etc Veteran the SSA can expedite your SSDI.  The wait period is at least six months.  However, you could know if your going to receive it sooner than the six months.  JMO

Yes, I am a Veteran of both.  Hopefully, they are using that angle at the "lawyer", I will verify though, definitely worth looking into.  Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Vync said:

Is your effective date for 100% schedular more than 5 years old yet?

If you can get a doc to opine that your conditions are not expected to improve, that could help with the P&T part.

Of course, if the doc also opined that you are unable to be gainfully employed, that can help with both P&T and SSDI.

Effective date of all were 1SEP14, so no 5 years yet.  They left my PTSD and sinusitis "open for review".  Then, they rated my nasal polyps at 0%, which will force me to NOD/CUE, since it clearly states that "with polyps" is 30%.  There is much more, all ROM was done "thru pain" without noting where the motions became painful.  ETCx10, lol.  The point, I guess, is that they 'know' I will not drop below 100%, I made it to 100% with plenty to spare, but I am too "fresh" off of AD and into there realm for them to make me permanent, that's my guess anyway.