Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SSDI Exams, what to expect?

Rate this question

TALON II FE

Question

I have a SSDI exam for my PTSD coming up in two weeks and another for "everything else", I guess, a few weeks later.  What can I expect, compared to the VA and/or VA Contractors?  I am VERY worried about the PTSD claim, more so then I was with the VA, because of ME, not them.  If I feel insulted, slighted or, even worse, they somehow question my integrity, etc. I could possibly turn violent, and I don't mean some 'dramatic' effect.  It is what keeps me at home and in my upstairs bonus room almost all the time.  I am a bit frightened that I may be provoked and then I will suffer for it by paying the consequences. I almost wish I had not applied at all, when I think of going to these appointments.  For others that have dealt with them, any insight would be appreciated.

I tried watching YouTube videos, but they are all "Acting Lessons" from what I have seen, if I could put in all that effort, I could work, lol.  I am and always have been legit, I don't need props, my word is my bond and my will 'used to be' the iron I beat the rest of the world into submission with...now, just about every day, I just wish I would die in my sleep.  We can all dream, right, lol?  I just want to 'get in and out as quickly as possible', penetrate and dissipate as we used to say.  Any advice?

I just had my exam for everything else, since they rescheduled my first appointment.  I was there less then an hour total, 10 minutes with the Doctor and a sheet to go get x-rays somewhere else in town. He checked some ROM for my back and neck, listened to my heart and lungs, did not even want me to take my brace off my wrist to look at it.  He then stated that I should keep in mind he didn't make the determination and thanked me for my service and sent me on my way.  I don't know if this is good, bad or normal for SSDI...

• HadIt.com Elder

Well from my experience   when an C&P Examiner says its not me that makes the decision   usually '' USUALLY'' its not going to be a favorable exam.

if the examiner was not very friendly or check you out pretty good and ask you questions about how your disability effects your life  or does not give you a good physical examination    that's not a good favorable sign.

but ya never know....so just be ready for a Denial and go to plan B

Hopefully it won't be denied....just speaking from my experience.

Hang in there

....Buck

I am on the fence a little, he seemed like he didn't want to 'go overboard' and we did talk about a few surgeries, so...who knows?  Regardless, I know these are usually denied, and I honestly think the 70% PTSD could be my 'golden bee bee' and is my best chance of getting this the first time around.  That appointment was about 1 1/2-2 hours and more thorough.  I have not worked in two years as of next month.  That has not been by choice.  It is just a matter of whether the system recognizes that and how long I have to fight with them.  Thanks.