Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SSDI Exams, what to expect?

Rate this question

TALON II FE

Question

I have a SSDI exam for my PTSD coming up in two weeks and another for "everything else", I guess, a few weeks later.  What can I expect, compared to the VA and/or VA Contractors?  I am VERY worried about the PTSD claim, more so then I was with the VA, because of ME, not them.  If I feel insulted, slighted or, even worse, they somehow question my integrity, etc. I could possibly turn violent, and I don't mean some 'dramatic' effect.  It is what keeps me at home and in my upstairs bonus room almost all the time.  I am a bit frightened that I may be provoked and then I will suffer for it by paying the consequences. I almost wish I had not applied at all, when I think of going to these appointments.  For others that have dealt with them, any insight would be appreciated.

I tried watching YouTube videos, but they are all "Acting Lessons" from what I have seen, if I could put in all that effort, I could work, lol.  I am and always have been legit, I don't need props, my word is my bond and my will 'used to be' the iron I beat the rest of the world into submission with...now, just about every day, I just wish I would die in my sleep.  We can all dream, right, lol?  I just want to 'get in and out as quickly as possible', penetrate and dissipate as we used to say.  Any advice?

The appointment seemed to go ok, funny thing: it was in the same building, one floor up, as my initial VA Contractor for general med a year ago.  She basically went over much of the same questions as they sent me in the mail, looked over my VA Rating info for PTSD that I gave them and sent me on my way.  Hopefully, that's a good thing.  I have an SSDI General Med appointment in a couple weeks, then I guess I just need to hang out and wait.

That sounds promising, Talon, good luck on your next exam!!

Funny thing:  She said the only reason I was not 100% from the VA for PTSD instead of 70% is because I have not had any 'legal trouble' (I haven't been arrested for anything, yet).  I was in the Military for 20 years, pretty hard to do that in jail.  It is Effed up that this abiding by the law and hiding at home costs 30% and guaranteed SMC for me.  She said that they see a huge difference in 'legal trouble' between Vets who served less than 10 yrs vs more then 10 yrs of service.  I know with SSDI they are "All or Nothing", so I hope that does not hurt me with their process and give them a window to screw me.

My other exam is in about 10 days, we'll see how that goes, especially since I got my injections yesterday.  Hopefully, since I will be at my optimum benefit from those by then, it doesn't mask some of issues enough to mess that one up.

Talon, Good Luck, I think you will be fine at your next exam. Remember to bring VA award letters, any recent treatment paperwork(such as urgent care), hopefully the examiner will be willing to look at your recs. I wish you the best!