VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

2 Dr.s at my 1 C&P MH is that normal

Rate this question

Rx7mike

Question

Ok today i had a C&P recertification 5yr reeval. I arrived early with my spouse and waited for the Dr. After an hr wait the dr asked if i would mind his colleauge to sit in on the exam with him as he is learning to be a rater. The exam went well i think but before making any notations he would ask the other dr who seemed at least 30yrs on My dr if he had any questions. He did 2 every time he was asked. Then i hear a BOOM and jump they sat looking at me. said its just the toilet. Bullshit sounded like someone dropped a weight on concrete floor right next door.

My C&P was for bipolar it didnt mention my ptsd anxiety or any other MH that where in that group when it was rated at 100%. Now i asked the dr and he said no this is for the Bipolar only which is what i am rated 100% for. We did means test ect then almost at the end the Main dr picked up the DSM 5 and pointed to a line and said to the other dr I think i will be adding this and the other dr conncurred. Adding What?

Can C&P Dr add issues to a reevaluation?

Anyone else have a sit in Dr?

He did state the usual in the begining that this is not random or that i was selected but to verify if i was still Bad, better, or worse. He said he was basing it off of the old C&P that was done. And he did refer to my VA health records and did ask me alot about my violence that has been documented matter of fact that was the most spoken about thing besides my relationships as i stated that i dont have. and with my wife and kids i am distant. My spouse was going to talk to them but they did say that they didnt need anything from her.

Asked if i was doing better on med alot of times i stated that they helped most of the time but i mostly stay to myself at home away from my kids wife ect as i do.

Im gonna have heartburn till i see the C&P in Bluebutton 3 days and today is thursday so probly not till next week some time UGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I would think it would be the same if you would have had a QTC C & P exam but what a lot of veterans forget is when they have a C & P exam at their VAMC they forget what VAMC stand for which is (Veterans Administration Medical Center) meaning that it is more of a training facility (school) than it is a hospital.  Yes, they like to ask other doctors to come in but you as a patient can refuse.  Also an examiner can add his/her opinion or anything they feel is necessary to your exam. 

8 minutes ago, pete992 said:

I would think it would be the same if you would have had a QTC C & P exam but what a lot of veterans forget is when they have a C & P exam at their VAMC they forget what VAMC stand for which is (Veterans Administration Medical Center) meaning that it is more of a training facility (school) than it is a hospital.  Yes, they like to ask other doctors to come in but you as a patient can refuse.  Also an examiner can add his/her opinion or anything they feel is necessary to your exam. 

I figured that. i guess i was just hard to realize it being stressed and all. they did say it was up to me. Im just waiting now i guess to see his report ill post it when it becomes available im guessing next week sometime. TY. but still he verified i take perscribed meds and still seak treatment so im hoping it gets turned to permanant for champ and less worry.

and im hoping adding is better than removing in this case

Edited by Rx7mike
left out something.

looked on ebenefits and saw the (increase) after the diagnosis. Its not for an increase its a reevaluation. last time i looked it didnt state increase is that normal its in yellow

Status of Your Claim

Gathering of Evidence

• Submitted: 01/30/2016 (Compensation)
  • Estimated Completion: 04/13/2016 - 05/22/2016

The time it takes to complete you claim depends on factors like the type of claim and the type of disability claimed.

The estimated dates are based on a statistical analysis of historical processing times for similar claims. Some things you should know:

• Historical data may not accurately predict current conditions. Your claim may take longer.
    • Dates may change as the statistical analysis is updated.
    • Some claims will take longer than the range of dates given as they are based on an average.

Submitting the supporting documentation that has been requested quickly and electronically is the surest way to get your claim decided as quickly as possible.

• Disabilities Claimed: BIPOLAR DISORDER, MIXED (ALSO CLAIMED AS ANXIETY DISORDER) (Increase)
  • Representative for VA Claims: AMERICAN LEGION
  • Current Status: Gathering of Evidence

Asked and Answered. The actual C & P Dr told you why and asked if you minded.

What would cause me concern, if you discovered that both Dr's or Psychologists actually completed and submitted to the Rating Dept,  2 separate and contradicting DBQ's.

Semper Fi

Since you are already service connected at the 100% rate which is the maximum rating the only likely increase would be P & T if you are not already P & T.  The likelihood of both Drs giving two different opinions would be a serious stretch. One may opinion and the other may confirm or agree or not even comment. Really hate to say it but the only thing you can do now is wait and see.  There is no need to stress yourself out.  VA always put that stupid increase thing on ebenifits and you can't trust it at all.

2 hours ago, Gastone said:

What would cause me concern, if you discovered that both Dr's or Psychologists actually completed and submitted to the Rating Dept,  2 separate and contradicting DBQ's.

Semper Fi

They did state in front of my my wife and another spouse in the lobby that the 2nd dr was stricktly for observation. Je also said it in the room as well.

1 hour ago, pete992 said:

VA always put that stupid increase thing on ebenifits and you can't trust it at all.

I got wierded out as it wasnt on there i was figuring hoping it was a normal bs thing they put down.

All i did was showup for a reeval and it seemed to go well just some things where different. My point of this post is hopefully another vet who goes through the same thing can possibly look at this and get a little help maybe had same issues. thank you both for helping clear some of this up