Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need help on continuation of my PTSD claim

Rate this question

MudHugger71

Question

Gonna try to make this short as possible. :smile:

I'm in need of pointer's on the " proper sequence or arm myself w/ the right ammo! THANK YOU!

1. My claim was FUBARD BY two VSO's. First VSO, she didn't fax the attachment. Second VSO seemed knowledgeable But, I figured out on my own that he uses old forms " which makes the VA people puke. In the end, he went narcissistic on me. Third one said, " too much paper work!

2. The POA said that she'll take care of my PTSD claim after I get the rest of my records from St. Louis.  (which I'll be getting really soon according to the NPRC). And what do u guys think about...that the 3rd VSO said " Too much paperwork ".

3. Since I've researching all this stuff now, I backed off my claim, I havn't done an appeal/ NOD.  Still trying to figure out the order/"best-sequence" of things to con't with this. DAMN! I love a good fight, but a super-soaker to a " gun fight " LOL.

Like toddt said-  " be your own advocate  - Get smart on things -  Use the heck out of this site, use other reference sites such as the Board of Veteran's Appeals site and get smart on what is needed to support your claim".

Most importantly. I APPRECIATE EVERYBODY'S help ON HERE!!!

Edited by MudHugger71
got rid of uploaded files

• Founder
4 hours ago, Berta said:

I noticed they mention the STRs in the decision but did not list them as Evidence.That makes me wonder if the VA even attempted to get them.

I hope you also requested from NPRC your 201 inservice  (Personnel) files as they could contain something regarding the stressor.

You got great evidence above from others. Buddy statements can be powerful to co-oborate stressors.

Just about every unit has a web site on line and they often have re union rosters.

Also I found a buddy for a member here within a few minutes simply by googling his name, and then verifying his MOS with info from the google links as there were others with similar names who popped up in google search but he was easy to narrow down.

I did an article on Buddy Statements here available under a search....basically, it says  they must give the VA their contact info,

must have been in the same unit, time, and place as the stressor, and give as many details as they can. It also helps if they get their signature notarized.

A claim my daughter helped with years ago involved one of the buddies sending VA a letter on behalf of the claimant she helped, and he referred them to his 100% PTSD award letter , enclosing a copy of it, and said his PTSD was from the exact same incident that the vet she was helping, had claimed as stressor. The vet she helped did get his PTSD award.They found 3 more buddies too who all got SC for PTSD for the same incident.

(It was beyond the word 'incident' but I already rattled off those details here years ago.)

here is a link to all posts by berta that have the phrase "buddy statement" in them

• Founder

have you tried getting a copy of the incident report from the post where the assault happened? that would be the first thing i would try. it doesn't matter what the form is called it would seem they would know and could search by name or dates

• HadIt.com Elder

I had an incident of proving one of my stressor's that went unreported, about the killing of a Vietnamese man that we thought was VC... anyway it was unreported   so I had pulled some of my duty service records from NRPC that St Louis  had sent me an I found a record putting me there and at the time of the incident, if you can get as close to the dates  or within 60 day time frame the incident happen they usually will accept that,

They used that as part of my evidence for PTSD Claim

Also what Ms T bird mention and Ms berta about the buddy statements is good evidence also.

jmo

....................Buck

46 minutes ago, Tbird said:

have you tried getting a copy of the incident report from the post where the assault happened? that would be the first thing i would try. it doesn't matter what the form is called it would seem they would know and could search by name or dates

I'm gonna try that. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Dot09 said:

Can you type your psych comp and pension examiners opinion on the last page?

i would like to see his or her review of your nexus. 

Sorry. Which one is it? Also, if u don't mind look at the one page i just uploaded. My psyc doc gave me some sort of eval test or something. And put the PTSD on VA my healthnet. Any idea what he means by secondary to blanket party in service? appreciate ur help.

img005.jpg

1 hour ago, Dot09 said:

Can you type your psych comp and pension examiners opinion on the last page?

i would like to see his or her review of your nexus. 

Sorry. Which one is it? Also, if u don't mind look at the one page i just uploaded. My psyc doc gave me some sort of eval test or something. And put the PTSD on VA my healthnet. Any idea what he means by secondary to blanket party in service? appreciate ur help.

img005.jpg