Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What to do

Rate this question

Emmanuel727

Question

I was asked to come in to the qtc for evaluation. I am currently 60 percent 30 for COPD and 30 for PTSD . This is my first time doing this since I was awarded. Some years ago..  Since my last eval my life has gotten worst wife left took the kids.. Can't keep a job.. Regular people just all around piss me off.. I saw some wild shit over seas I think about it daily... It got worse when my kids where born.. Looking at my baby's happy one moment then afraid the next reliving the things I seen over seas.. I'm very nervous and don't know what these QTC people want or what there real goal is.. Someone help me please I'm freaking out.. 

3 answers to this question

If your being treated by a Non VA Psychiatrist or Psychologist PhD, you might be able to get them to complete a VA DBQ.

As for getting your VA PTSD DR to complete a DBQ, good luck with that. See the VA DBQ discussion regarding VA Dr's compliance with completing Vet Requested DBQs, especially MH Clinicians & PTSD. You'll note, your VA MH Dr is  instructed to hand off your DBQ request, to another Psychiatrist that is and has not been involved directly with you.

If you think you rate an increase and your MH Clinician Notes support your Increase, file an FDC. If the Clinician's notes aren't enough, you were going to get another PTSD C & P anyway. The C & P Dr's opinion trumps, all others.

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

Usually the C&P Examiner has already read  the veteran files/ records and has a better understanding about your claim.

My PTSD Examiner mention to me she was a license psychiatrist PHD and had a week to go over my files before C&P Exam...My PTSD C&P Exam took only about 90 minutes.

And it seem to cover everything that needed to be covered.

I was rated at 70%  PTSD but had most of the symptoms that would warrant a 100%  rating but I have good hygiene still and dress causal /Shave so in my opinion that's why I was rated 70%. so already being rated at TDIU P&T for a different disability at 100%, that qualified me to meet the statatory Criteria for SMC-S

So I am rated at the scheduled 100% with SMC -S  H.B.

Of course I agree with the decision.

..........Buck

Edited by Buck52

DoT09, I feel you. In days of yesteryear, the VA went along with that thinking. However, that all changed with the recent (? 13 or 14) VA Regs regarding PTSD C & P Forensic DBQs trumping all others and the use of the DSM V.  Check out the reasons for no-longer giving GAF Scores the same considerations in the Rating Decision.   2+ MH Dr's could come up with vastly (8+Point) different GAF Scores for the same Vet, over the same period.

On a personal note, I saw a non VA PTSD Psychologist PhD for about 4 months, back in early 08. At our 1st meeting, he indicated that I definitely had PTSD symptoms that were treatable. Looking back, can't say I recall anything Forensic in nature, about that or subsequent therapy sessions. There was no mention by him, regarding filing a VA Comp Claim for PTSD, then or anytime in the near future. He did advise me that at the end of an about a 2 yr treatment program, he would be able to write, what amounted to an "Individual Unemployability Letter."  The weekly therapy sessions with his assistant, didn't seem to be helping, thought I was wasting my money.

Late 2010, VA Sleep Clinician said he was sure I had PTSD, referred me to MH, ended up in Group. PTSD C&P mid 11, Awarded SC70 09/11 (IU Inferred), only Clinician Evidence listed as considered, was the C & P Psychiatrist's DBQ.

IU Denied 2012, Awarded DRO Hearing 6/14.

Semper Fi