Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success and Regret

Rate this question

marinevet61

Question

Had a c&p exam March 8 2016. March 29th claim was closed. Received the BBE and was Happy about decision until I read VA finds you incompetent

To manage your VA benefits. Such a big letdown. They based their findings on the c&p docs opinion. Examiner stated I have dementia, I do not have

Dementia I have Expressive Aphasia which is the inability to speak a complete sentence so it can be understood. I know what is being said I just can't

Reply in a sentence that can be understood due to my Aphasia. My wife and my family can understand what I am trying to say with no problem. I was

Awarded 100% for PTSD and p&t with no future exams. I was denied the first time I filed for ptsd. So I took it on with a vengeance. I had to research and

Get the proof that the incident did occur and in the exact month and year. Believe me this took many hours to gather and complete. VA claimed there was not enough

Evidence that the incident happened to turn it over to the Army to investigate. But when I sent in a certain article written by an officer in the Army, it was no time

Before ebenefits showed preparing for decision. I need any comments or suggestions as to what I should do next. File NOD or take what VA dished out.

Thanks to all of you on this forum you made my journey easier to get to the information I needed for success.

Marinevet61

Thanks to all of you for your time and all of the information that you have given me. Berta the Aphasia is

Due to a brain tumor that I had surgery for. The only doctors that have diagnosed me with Aphasia is VA docs.

My nuerosurgeon wrote in my follow up description that I have Expressive Aphasia. He has not written the

Word Dementia anywhere and neither has my oncologist or radiation oncologist. I am waiting on a copy of my C&P exam so I can go forward with this. Can you tell me how the denial for PTSD the first time may be a basis

For cue in the older decision? I can read and I know directions when I am riding in a car. The brain surgery

Left me also with right side weakness, so I cannot drive anything but a golf cart that belongs to my brother

In law.This is my therapy. I cannot write very good since the surgery, I have had speech therapy and the

Speech therapist told me and my wife that I have Aphasia. I stopped this after about 6 weeks because I felt

So depressed each session that I could not make the words come out that she wanted to hear. I was to the

Point of tears in each session. I just decided to not go back. With all of you and my faith I can do this.

I agree with Dot09, but that is when a strong IMO can come into this and cover the LeJuene situation as well as competency.

I must apologize for putting a link above that would not help you at all...as to the aphasia.

It bothered me for hours but Windows 10 (which I didn't want) kept bugging me and they downloaded it without me being able to stop the download. It came with my new PC... I  just found out how to get my mail and then get back here after a few hours ...so please accept my apology---the last thing in the world vets need is lousy BVA links from me.(The last thing I needed was Windows 10...a friend at the VA told me he had heard the same thing happened to others he knows on this download that is built into new PCS. )

Thanks Buck for immediately correcting that error I made. Maybe It wasn't as bad as the one I made on the old board about ten years ago:

A new member's first post simply said  ' Help, I was denied for EED claim '

and I replied were you sure you told the C & P doc that your penis bends and wont stay erect?

(I thought they denied him the K award for ED)

Well, MANY here corrected that one ASAP ( and Moos Koch as they used to say in the old USMC)

As to the PTSD and a possible CUE....are you able to scan and post that denial here as to their Reasons and Basis for denial?

And the Evidence list they used? Cover C file #, name and address prior to scanning  it,.

How long ago was that denial?

Congrats on the rating first and foremost!!

My mother suffers from mild dementia so I understand the disease.  You might have it and just don't think you have it or don't want to accept it. Please do not take that the wrong way.  I have to deal with my mom regarding it on a daily basis for the past 8 years.

You can get dementia from trauma.  Did you know that?  My mom's doctor asked us if we had any history of dementia and we don't but my mother had head trauma back in the 90's and this is most likely the root of her onset of dementia.

I understand you feel like you are helpless but you seem to be in good spirits and have good family to assist.  Take it with a grain of salt and live out your life!!!  you deserve it!!

Thank-you Navy4Life for your encouraging words. Deep down in my heart I don't believe I have

Dementia. I feel as if I am trapped and can't get out. I tell myself over and over Don't feel sorry

For yourself. Self-pity is not an option I have to live for today and try not to dwell on the things

That I can do nothing about. My family has no history of dementia. I think that the VA drs were

Just looking for a way to make me go away but from all of the support from the hadit members

I am preparing for battle as I have a wealth of information among all of you.

Dot09 no offense taken. As I mentioned earlier my nuerosurgeon diagnosed the Expressive Aphasia in Follow-up appointment. My previous speech therapist also stated that I have Expressive Aphasia.

These statements have not been sent to the VA. I was just trying to make up my mind to fight or quit 

Before I turned these documents in as evidence. Thank you for taking the time to inquire about the

Expressive Aphasia and helping me along with my decision to fight.