Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success and Regret

Rate this question

marinevet61

Question

Had a c&p exam March 8 2016. March 29th claim was closed. Received the BBE and was Happy about decision until I read VA finds you incompetent

To manage your VA benefits. Such a big letdown. They based their findings on the c&p docs opinion. Examiner stated I have dementia, I do not have

Dementia I have Expressive Aphasia which is the inability to speak a complete sentence so it can be understood. I know what is being said I just can't

Reply in a sentence that can be understood due to my Aphasia. My wife and my family can understand what I am trying to say with no problem. I was

Awarded 100% for PTSD and p&t with no future exams. I was denied the first time I filed for ptsd. So I took it on with a vengeance. I had to research and

Get the proof that the incident did occur and in the exact month and year. Believe me this took many hours to gather and complete. VA claimed there was not enough

Evidence that the incident happened to turn it over to the Army to investigate. But when I sent in a certain article written by an officer in the Army, it was no time

Before ebenefits showed preparing for decision. I need any comments or suggestions as to what I should do next. File NOD or take what VA dished out.

Thanks to all of you on this forum you made my journey easier to get to the information I needed for success.

Marinevet61

Berta I can't get the printer to scan my form. I have limited knowledge of these things. Sorry

This is the reason they gave for denying my PTSD claim.

MEMORANDUM

Dated October 13 2015

Formal Finding of a lack of information required to corroborate stressors(s) associated

With a claim for service connection PTSD

We have determined that the information required to corroborate the stressful events

Described by the veteran is insufficient to send to the U.S. Army and Joint Services Records

Research Center (JSRRC) and/or insufficient to allow for meaningful research of Marine Corps of

National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) records.

After I received this I decided to take this to the limit, and I did with many hours of research

And the advice from the hadit members.

WoW, Dec 2015 to March 2016 -what a fast turnaround!

I thought maybe you had a very old denial on the PTSD but it seems that there is no need for CUE at all because I assume they gave you the EED  and payment back to your filing date.

"After I received this I decided to take this to the limit, and I did with many hours of research

And the advice from the hadit members."

That is often what it takes !!!!!!!

I feel that anyone who can do enough work to prove their claim, as you did, is far from being incompetent.

JSRRC needs details and the best dates one can come up with. But sometimes VA does not even try to contact them for stressor verification.

Sometimes vets themselves contact JSRRC.

I sure hope your posts here help others...and I know they will give all who are waiting ,more encouragement.

RESEARCH!!!!!  I spent days, weeks, and months doing legal and medical research for my FTCA/1151 issues

and then years later I worked on medical research for the entire time my DMII AO death claim took--6 years....

and it was Worth It!

Did youever mention to any of your VA Clinicians or Drs that someone, other than yourself, say your wife for example, pays any of your monthly financial obligations?

It would help to see "Redacted Copies," of your C & P DBQ and your Award Letter.

I'm not sure about Comp Fiduciary appointments process, but I was involved with my Bro-Inlaw's Pension Fiduciary proposed Appointment Home Exam.. The VA took a statement by his VA Cancer Dr on his House Bound Application, as to his Sister Balancing his Check Book to be grounds for a Fiduciary Appointment.

VA notified him of the proposed Fiduciary Appointment by mail and also that a VA Fiduciary Social Worker Home appt was scheduled for a specific date.

At the subsequent meeting, after much discussion, the VA Fiduciary Rep, agreed not to appoint a Fiduciary. However, he did require a monthly accounting of all his expenditures.

If your Wife or anyone else, is named as "Joint Owner" on your VA Direct Deposit Account, time to open another Bank Account and transfer $$ into it. If your Bank receives notification of a Fiduciary Appointment, your VA Direct Deposit Account and all $$ in it, go into Lock Down. Fiduciary access only.

Then again, if your Wife can pass the VA Fiduciary Requirements, she or someone else you trust, could be requested and appointed the Fiduciary.

If it appears your going to have a real problem with this, send me a message. I'll tell you what I had my Wife & Bro do, the VA Fid Rep asked about the moves, but agreed with them. Said they were prudent.

Semper Fi

Congrats on the good news, and as far as your Finances what does it matter. The VA and SSDI said the same thing to me. Just means that the Monies goes thru My Wife, no big deal for me. Cant own a gun either, and labeled as Endangerment to Society by the SSDI people. I have a great wife and family and they would rather take care of everything anyways. That is why the VA pays my wife as my Caregiver on the Highest Tier. If it is that big a deal to you then challenge it. Just remember that rocking the boat, can cause the VA to look deeper and even review you. I am 100% P&T, yet last week the VA called me in to Review one of my 40% Ratings. Good luck and God Bless

Berta I can't get the printer to scan my form. I have limited knowledge of these things. Sorry

This is the reason they gave for denying my PTSD claim.

MEMORANDUM

Dated October 13 2015

Formal Finding of a lack of information required to corroborate stressors(s) associated

With a claim for service connection PTSD

We have determined that the information required to corroborate the stressful events

Described by the veteran is insufficient to send to the U.S. Army and Joint Services Records

Research Center (JSRRC) and/or insufficient to allow for meaningful research of Marine Corps of

National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) records.

After I received this I decided to take this to the limit, and I did with many hours of research

And the advice from the hadit members.

Navy04 thanks for your information. I am very anxious about this fiduciary thing because I have

Heard so many bad things about it from vets in my hometown. They make it sound as if you will

Be audited every time you turn around and that if my wife is appointed she will have to keep up with

Every penny spent. Does your wife have to keep all receipts and keep a logbook of some sort? 

One more thing I do not understand is I got a call from a VA field examiner to set up an appointment

To meet with us. My effective date was May 12 2015. He quoted the amount of retro that was way

Below what I thought it should be. Can you tell me if I am correct in figuring the retro amount starting from

The stated effective date?