Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Next claim going down range finally

Rate this question

Carl the Engineer

Question

Well, its that time again, wish me luck!

Finally put it all together and will be dropping it off at the CVSO tomorrow.

1. Increase rating for right foot plantar fasciitis.  Currently 10%, 2008.  New issue, cortisone shots and orthotics.

2. Secondary left foot/ankle problems caused by above.  Recently diagnosed with; Pain in Joint of Ankle and Foot, Ankle/Foot Instability, Pain in Limb, Difficulty in Walking, Bilateral Hammer Toe, Achilles Tendinitis or Bursitis, Tenosynovitis of Foot and Ankle and decreased Range of Motion. I was prescribed a ankle brace for my left ankle for stability.  Dr. also mentions my limp in my first visit note with him, so that cant hurt.

3. Secondary rating for heard disease caused by hypertension (currently rated at 0%, 2008).  Recently diagnosed with; Borderline concentric left ventrical hypertrophy and Mild tricuspid regurgitation.  I also asked if the heart disease pre-dated the hypertension (I have an irregular EKG from 1999 while in the Army) and if the heart disease should have been found at the time of the hypertension in 2004.

That and a bunch of medical records supporting same.

So we will see where that takes me.

I am currently at a raw 72, so a 10 gets me 80.  Which will help.  90 is probably out of reach for me currently as I am doing pretty good and don't see any biggies coming up.

I will keep posting any updates I get from the puzzle palace, and of course my up coming C&P's.

Thanks for caring,

Hamslice

P.S. Don't let me forget to call the VA back and schedule my colonoscopy.  The bastards want to probe me again......

Edited by Hamslice
left vs right mistake

“There is no hook my friend. There's only what we do.”  Doc Holiday 

Just hang in there bud. My current claim filed around same time as you, just went to Prep for Decision as well. Good luck and God Bless

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

Update 11,

Back to gathering evidence today, with a completion date of 1/23/2017

Also, I see I had a C&P on Monday, but appearently they didnt need me.

And they are requesting something else now from the VA facility.

Drip, drip, drip.....

Hamslice

Edited by Hamslice
Update

Update 12,

And now, back to preparation for decision today,

With a new completion date of 9/12/2016.

Now there are no new requests or dates on the calendar.

So, maybe we have lift-off,

Hamslice

Update 13,

So now in the "blue button" I see where they have asked the C&P examiner to write a adendum to her exam regards my right ankle;

"Please provide the following clarification:

The examiner should opine as to if the right ankle arthritis is at least as likely as not caused or permanently aggravated beyond normal progression by the right plantar fasciltis, and to explain."

And her response;

"a. The condition claimed is at least as likely as not (50% or greater probability) proximately due to or the result of the Veteran's service connected condition.

c. Rationale: Veteran's testimony, physical exam, tests, records, and medical literature. Contributing factors include poor walking mechanics due to pain from plantar fasciitis, which can cause microtrauma to the tendon, which develops over time. The calcifications at the insertions site of the right achilles tendon noted on xray of right ankle 6/23/16 could likely be secondary to the right foot condition plantar fasciitis." 

I am currently 10% right foot for plantar fasciitis.  Not sure how much more I can get for arthritis of same foot.  Not sure if seperate rating?  Will have to research that.

It is also at Cleveland now, was a Little Rock before.

Well, hopefully that was the only glitch that was holding up my claim(s),

Hamslice

Hamslice, long time no read.  Looks good.  I hope you get a favorable decision soon.  Don't put your faith in Ebennies though.  You will likely be disappointed.  Take info from all sources, particularly your bank and ebennies letters.  I hope your decision is a favorable one.  Hang in there bubba.

Mr. A

:ph34r: " FIGHT TILL YOUR LAST BREATH " :ph34r: